alingment problems - alignment plot being skewed (4479 Views)
Top Student
reb1
Message 11 of 18 (2,670 Views)

Re: alingment problems - alignment plot being skewed

realignment  HP 6180    the printer     was purchased in 2007  how do i do advanced aligment....

AWA Top Student
Top Student
AWA
Message 12 of 18 (2,670 Views)

Same way you did the basic - just select intermediate cleaning and if that doesn't work, select advanced. If that doesn't work, get new ink. In between getting new ink and doing intermediate cleaning, you can also dip a cotton swab into some rubbing alcohol and manually clean the heads on your printer. That should really help.

Honor Student
Mick55
Message 13 of 18 (2,528 Views)

I can't imagine how you thought up the idea to press down on the scanner cover but it worked for me.  You are brilliant.  Thanks so much because I was this far from throwing this printer (c4705) right out the window.  I was in such a bad mood that I used LOTS of pressure.  Don't know if I need to use that much but it worked!  Thanks again.  You are right, it is very cheaply made. I'm a big fan of HP but this thing is very poorly constructed. 

Honor Student
DebbieLW
Message 14 of 18 (2,487 Views)

Hi,

I'm having problems using my scanner. It is telling me this: Plot on scanner being skewed?

What does that mean?

It tells me it needs to be aligned. I have added ink & printed an alignment page and scanned it.

But it still tells me alignment failed due to plot on scanner being skewed.

Can you tell me how to fix it?

Thank you,

Debbie Woolums

Honor Student
Mick55
Message 15 of 18 (2,487 Views)

For me, pressing down on the scanner lid during the scan solved the problem.  It sounds crazy but it worked.  I got the same error message that the alignment plot was skewed.  But everything went fine as long as I pressed down firmly on the scanner lid during the complete scan process.  Give it a try!  Hope it works.  I was at the end of my rope on that one but now all is well.  Good luck.

Honor Student
DebbieLW
Message 16 of 18 (2,482 Views)

Thanks,

But that didn't help to press down on the lid. It still gives me that message.

I've tried scanning the alignment page and it still gives me that message.

I have a D110 photosmart printer

AWA Top Student
Top Student
AWA
Message 17 of 18 (2,469 Views)

DebbieLW wrote:

Thanks,

But that didn't help to press down on the lid. It still gives me that message.

I've tried scanning the alignment page and it still gives me that message.

I have a D110 photosmart printer

Hello. I'm the person that actually discovered the resolution to this problem. Make sure you are firmly pressing down on the lid during the entire scanning process. Don't press directly in the middle of the lid, but rather more towards the long side (facing you). Make sure you are pressing firmly and evenly. (obviously don't press so hard that it cracks your lid, but you can use your best judgement). If it doesn't work the first time, try it again. I've had it not work the first time also. Just try it again, then post back here and let us know if it worked. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
cookie0897
Message 18 of 18 (2,454 Views)

I have a D110 also.  It scans just fine.  The problem is that each time I boot up I get the error message about the alignment plot being skewed.  How do I get rid of the error message?  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation