Question

Student
cpm3203
Message 1 of 18 (10,602 Views)
Accepted Solution

black vertical lines when copying or scanning with my c6180 printer

6180 all in one printing is fine, just copying & faxing causes the black vertical line on the right side only. completed HP site troubleshoot process - no change. Can anyone help. printer is about 2 yrs old

Tutor
FranAnto
Message 2 of 18 (10,577 Views)

Re: black vertical lines when copying or scanning with my c6180 printer

Please let us Know if your copying or scanning from the Automatic Document feeder or is the Flat bed scanner?

Please click the WHITE STAR on the left hand side, to say "Thanks"
Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Student
JerryRS
Message 3 of 18 (10,551 Views)

Exactly same problem started about 2 weeks ago.  Only on Copy and Scan, not printer... same on document feed or flat bed scan.
Student
Steve-Brown
Message 4 of 18 (10,508 Views)

I have exactly the same problem and I believe this is a defect in the scanning hardware of the printer itself.  The glass has been cleaned - spotless - drivers re-loaded, scanning options tweaked to no end and the bands are still there no matter what is done. 

Top Student
boggett2001
Message 5 of 18 (10,195 Views)

Thanks, Steve, for describing the problem exactly. This line is printed on it, it's not dust or dirt. And it looks like it's been grayed-out, as if it's an icon you can't click on, it's not highlighted. You know what I mean?

Student
Crescita
Message 6 of 18 (10,071 Views)

Has anyone solved this problem? I'm getting a black vertical line repeatedly on every scan. It's a single line in the same place. I have cleaned the parts and on several occasions unplugged per HP's instructions (on another thread). To no avail.

Any ideas?

Honor Student
tulsaviper
Message 7 of 18 (10,013 Views)

I'm getting the same problem and not one single answer... Yet!  

I think the only solution is to throw it in the garbage.

Student
Message 8 of 18 (9,822 Views)

Re: lines in both scanned and copied image

i have a strip of lines that are about .5 in wide horizontal with length of paper when i am copying or scanning with my c6180 printer. Their color is a light purplish gray. I have followed procedures for cleaning that are listed online. Can someone tell me what the problem is?

Top Student
C56spd
Message 9 of 18 (9,712 Views)

I don't know if this will help everyone, but I had an issue with a black line when receiving fax's or when making copy through my doc. feeder.  The quality was fine for printing and copies via the flat glass.

Here is what I did for a solution.. lift copy panel to expose large glass, then gently lift up on the small doc feeder top grey piece from the center, this will take a little effort but will not break anything,

Once lifted up on hinge, put your fingers on the two side grey tabs to lift the next part with the rollers.  This will now expose a small ~2 x 9" piece of glass that probably has debris like mine did.  Clean with windex and shut..

I hope this helps.  Don't throw it away!

David

Honor Student
Rogert
Message 10 of 18 (9,431 Views)

Hi David,

Your solution worked great!!!

Thanks alot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation