Question

Honor Student
larryt64
Message 1 of 4 (487 Views)
Accepted Solution

c6350 paper jam error on screen,no paper in machine,no pc connected, error will not clear

c6350 photosmart printer, paper jam indication that will not clear,no paper in path,no computer involved. cleaned optical paperpath sensor,checked actuation on mech. switch. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks, Larryt

Grad Student
lanz
Message 2 of 4 (472 Views)

Re: c6350 paper jam error on screen,no paper in machine,no pc connected, error will not clear

Hi,

Tyr this one , resetting the printer back to factory defaults:

• Press and Hold the “Print Photos” & “Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
  • Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal”
  • Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
  • Press and release the “OK” button.
  • Display should say “Support”. Use the Right arrow Key to look for "Reset Menu".
  • Press and release the “OK” button.
  • Press the right arrow key to look for "Partial Reset", press 'OK'
  • The printer will go off and will power on by itself, else wait for 20 seconds and power on the printer to complete reset

Hope this will help ...=)

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Honor Student
larryt64
Message 3 of 4 (465 Views)

Re: c6350 paper jam error on screen,no paper in machine,no pc connected, error will not clear

Hi Lanz! That was a very good try but I'm sorry to say it didn't work. I followed directions closely but all the responses were not as advertised. I never got to (support),instead it said "hardware failure status"Following screen directions it clears but comes right back when i continue. Your directions to "partial reset" didn't work,but I played with buttons & got thru it ok. Restarted & got  a carriage jam, cleared jam indication,&went back to original paper jam. The carriage maybe truly jammed, when I attempt access the ink (as if I was replacing a cartridge) it tries to move left then stops, like it was obstructed. So it's back to sq.1. FYI This printer is 2yrs old,I have a replacement,but the c6350 is in like new cond. never used very much. I just really hate to pitch it. Looks like might have to though! Thank you for your help.  Larryt64

Grad Student
lanz
Message 4 of 4 (461 Views)

Hi,

I see... so if the carriage wud nmot move to the center or right side of the printer- try to unplug the printer and manually move the carriage... but if that step will not work.. you need to replace the printer becayse the unit is already defective...

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation