03-03-2010 07:11 AM
My Photosmart C6380 is 90 days out of warranty and came up with an 'ink system failure' displaying code 0xc19a0036. I followed the online instructions to reset the printer by turning it off and on with unplugging it multiple times without success. I then continued to remove, clean, and reinstall the printhead. There was quite a bit of ink buildup on the printhead on the end toward the photoblack cartridge [left as you're looking at the installed printhead]. Still no luck. To replace the printhead, I called HP support and talked with someone who was trying to get me to purchase a support contract for $35-$69 depending on level. This printer only cost me $125 and all I want is a new printhead. Any ideas how I can get one??? The online documentation says when calling to refer to document c01738785 - I did and the support person seemed to ignore it. Any ideas of what the document says? "Send them a free printhead if they really complain and threaten to blog about it?" Thanks for any help!
01-09-2012 01:47 PM
Check the support forum post through the link below. It covers a similar issue and it could help although this is something you have to do at your own risk.
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper