Question

Student
DAN609
Message 1 of 6 (1,923 Views)

c8180 all in one printer

Hi our printer keeps giving us a improper shut down notification and then shuts down on its own and tries to reset but can't .  how do we get it to quit

Master's Graduate
kawaii_aoi
Message 2 of 6 (1,884 Views)

Re: c8180 all in one printer

[ Edited ]

Hi DAN609,

There's a possiblity that the printer is aligning over and over or just restarting for some reasons. You can perform a partial reset on your printer by doing the ff:

1. Disconnect the power cord from back of your printer.
2. Press and hold down Start Black and Red Eye Removal buttons on your keypad
3. While holding down these 2 buttons, reconnect the power cord back to your printer.
4. The printer screen should display Part NVM reset or somehow it should reset
5. Wait for a few minutes until the printer is finished with the initial setup. You may need to reset the country and language when prompted. This should get you back to the main menu of your printer.

*Partial reset will restore the printer's settings back to factory default.

Hope this works for you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :smileyhappy:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
Top Student
steelyp
Message 3 of 6 (1,848 Views)

We are also having the same problem. The printer will go strobe lights until you unplug it. Then when plugging it back in it will begin a long period of turning itself on and off and after awhile display an error such as B053B710 or B00A7CD2. We've tried the holding red eye and black buttons which almost work until it shuts itself off again. We've also done the reset with removing all the cartridges to no avail. This is very reminiscent of the last time we had troubles with an HP printer and our answer was "it's obsolete, buy a new one." It's a printer. I should not have to update technology who's sole purpose is to print a one page text document. This will be the last time I buy any of HP's products.

Honor Student
wbratty1
Message 4 of 6 (1,761 Views)

Please go back and search for bad electrolytic capacitors on these boards and in the internet. There are many people who have this exact same problem with these printers. You would think HP would do a recall and repair the defective parts.

Top Student
steelyp
Message 5 of 6 (1,759 Views)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Photosmart-C8180-all-in-one/m-p/1157993#M54177

The capacitors seem to be the issue. I needed a printer sooner rather than later and switched to Epson and couldn't be happier.

Honor Student
Capnfatso
Message 6 of 6 (1,252 Views)

I have the C8180 Printer also, same thing, continues to try to reset itself....piss pour performance....this printer is not that old, purchased it at Costco, and it has just recently gone past the warranty....I should be able to depend on this printer, I do not print that much, and should NOT have to take it to get it repaired. HP should listen to thier customers, with out us, they will not exist.

Selling crap - you will not keep a customer base.

This is a REAL GOOD way to have HP customers leave HP and go somewhere else. As Steelyp stated, it's obsolete, go buy a new one.....I may just due that...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation