can not scan to computer on a c8180 (8379 Views)
Student
bfadair
Message 1 of 8 (8,379 Views)

can not scan to computer on a c8180

I have a HP C8180 all in one conected to a network. When i try to scan to my computer it states "NO Scan Options"  I used to be able to scan but I changed from a USB connection to Ethernet.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 8 (8,377 Views)

Re: can not scan to computer on a c8180

What Operating System are you running on your computer?

Also, are you able to scan from the HP Solution Center program? when happens when you open it?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
akudasilver
Message 3 of 8 (7,941 Views)

If you are able to open the Hp solution center then you should be able to go in to settings, scan button setup and set the scan to options for the front of the device.

But if you open up the Hp solution center and you get the "no hp devices detected" then what your going to have to do is uninstall the software for your hp printer and clear your temp folder, restarted your computer and install the software again and that should fix the issue right there

Professor
Charles001
Message 4 of 8 (7,908 Views)

If you changed from USB to network connection, you need to re-install the software. At leastreset the port (if you know the insides of how to setup printer drivers). To Windows, USB connected devices and Networked devices are different devices, and accessed differently.
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Student
GARY_A
Message 5 of 8 (5,031 Views)

[ Edited ]

I came up with a simple solution that should work on any computer and operating system as long as you are using your printer via a network (wired or wireless).

Print the network settings by going to the printers setup menu, select network, select view network settings, select print network page.

Make sure the web browser you use will allow pop ups from the URL listed in the general info section on the page that printed.  You do this differently for different browsers, so use the help feature in your browser to find out how to allow pop ups from a specific page.

In the address bar of your web browsed type the URL in the general information section of the page that printed and hit ENTER

Click WEBSCAN in the menu on the left of the webpage that appears.

Save this webpage to your favorites/bookmarks with a title of "SCAN from HP printer"

From this page you can scan a preview that shows in the preview window and scan a full page that will pop up in a new browser window (need pop ups allowed for the URL as stated above).

The image shows as a JPG in the new browser window.  Copy and paste it to your computer using whatever filename you'd like.

From this point forward just use the link you saved to your favorites to get to the webscan page and quickly scan a picture or document.

Student
davidiane
Message 6 of 8 (4,044 Views)

the HP solution center has always been my alternate route to scan.  Now I can't even get that to load.  Help!

Student
knarf7
Message 7 of 8 (2,196 Views)

I can copy a document buyt I can't scan it to compouter file or email.  Doesne't work with OCR either.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 8 of 8 (2,185 Views)

Hello knarf7

What operating system are you running and do you have the Photosmart C8180 or a different printer? How is your printer connected to the computer? Are you receiving the "No Scan Options" message?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation