delete Pml Driver HPZ12 (9987 Views)
Student
fpicel
Message 1 of 3 (9,987 Views)

delete Pml Driver HPZ12

On an old computer, uninstalled the AiO 2710 printer. Using the old computer for testing and I.E. surfing. The Pml Driver HPZ12 is still operating and slows the system down. The MSConfig services file, the Pml driver is not checked, but the service is running. Need to know how to disable this service. Cannot find any file reference to the HP 2710 printer on the computer.

Need Help.  

Student
hilerm
Message 2 of 3 (9,611 Views)

Re: delete Pml Driver HPZ12

If you haven't found a solution yet, here's my suggestion.

This is for Windows XP.

1. Select 'Administrative Tools' from your Start menu (or Control Panel if you don't have your Start menu set up with the Admin tools on it).

2. From 'Administrative Tools' select 'Component Service.'

3. In Component Services, click on 'Local Service' in the left-hand panel.

4. Find the 'Pml Driver HPZ12' service in the list of services which appears in the Right-hand panel.

5. Right-click on the service name and select 'Properties' from the pop-up menu.

6. In the Properties box, 'General' tab, set the 'Startup type' to "Disabled."

7. Also in the Properties Box, 'General' tab, under 'Service status:' click on "Stop."

Exit out of the Component Services tool, and you should be set. The service is now stopped and disabled and shouldn't return when you restart Windows.

Mike :smileyhappy:

Top Student
jones_j102
Message 3 of 3 (8,648 Views)

Re: delete Pml Driver HPZ12

Yes you can disable this from services.msc, but if you wanna remove it entirely from your computer you can use this article online - PML Driver hpz12 error --this is a step by step troubleshooting which you can follow on any operating system you are running. I have saved my time and of course my money on that site..it contains troubleshooting steps not only for pml driver errors. :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation