Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

A document I sent to the printer would not print and now will not delete.  Status in queue has said deleting for the past two days.  This is preventing anything else from printing.  I have tried everything I can think of.  Need suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and select Sevices.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and select Sevices.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks, David PK.  That was very helpful.  I was messing about for an hour before I found your suggestion and it worked!  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I tried this and I still have the document "deleting"

HP Recommended

Hi melco,

I understand you're having issues removing a print job from the print queue on your computer. I'm sorry to hear you've been having this issue, but I will do my best to help out!

I see that you have tried to the solution that was posted here, so what I'd like you to try next is running the HP Print and Scan Doctor as it should be able to clear anything out of that queue. Once you've clicked on that link, please click Next and then proceed down to where it says Utility - Diagnostic Tools (2) and select the HP Print and Scan Doctor to download.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

the link you attached is taking me do a page to download drivers, I searched for the print and scan doctor, but the icon is taking me to page that is no loger available.

HP Recommended

Hi melco,

My apologies for the link not working. I will include a different one, just click here and this one should take you to the download page.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'm sorry but nothing seems to be working for me when it comes to printers, I ran the print doctor and my printer that is having the problem is not showing up.  It is still showing up on my desktop under printers and devices and I can still send a job to it.  

HP Recommended

Hi melco,

Sorry that didn't work for you. To look a little further into this, would you be able to tell me which printer it is that you're having the issue with? If you don't know how to check the product/model number please click here assistance.

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP Officejet pro K550

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.