Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi melco,

While I'm looking into this I have a silly question to ask. Have you tried opening the print queue, right clicking the document, selecting cancel and then restarting the computer? I will post again when I have something else for you to try 🙂

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Document in que will not delete.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I'm sorry that the document still won't delete. I do have a few other things we can try.

This document here has a few things we've already tried, but if you keep scrolling down there are a few things I have not asked you to do, mainly the stopping and restarting the Print Spooler.

I hope this gets it cleared for you!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

THANK YOU!! I'm finally unstuck!

HP Recommended

I read the solution which was to work my way to the print spooler through administrative tools/services.  I do not seem to be able to find the entry for administrative tools/services.  It is not on my control panel.

HP Recommended

As crazy as it sounds, normally this is just a port problem.

All you need to do is to unplug the printer from behind your computer (USB)

and put it systematically in each until the printer starts printing the cue. 

It only takes about 5 seconds to test each, if it is the right one, it will start printing

within 5 seconds.

Hope this helps. 

Normal causes are that you had another device to put back there and moved the printer

USB spot. 

The computer is looking for that specific USB slot. 

Thank you, 

John Trusello

HP Recommended

What a bunch of crap... I swore I would never buy another HP printer because of your crap software.  Great hardware, CRAP software.

JUST MAKE IT WORK!  If I want to clear the queue, CLEAR THE QUEUE.  I shouldn't have to be doing all the crap 'suggested' above.

MAKE YOUR SOFTWARE DO IT!  Maybe add a 'FORCE spooler clear' option, but MAKE THE COMPUTER DO IT.

AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i should not have to reboot (close all my open programs... then open all my programs) to clear the f'ing print spooler

HP Recommended

After removing from the PRINTERS folder the tray of the spool shows no document for printing and since it is removed again a seperate command for printing is given.  Again it is getting queued up. Removed several times but queuing up does not stop and the printing therefore is stopped

HP Recommended

I followed the below instructions from a past HP support post but I think I deleted too many things.  I can not print at all

PLEASE HELP....

document in queue will not print or delete. Printer now stuck.

Options

‎04-05-2012 08:50 AM

Hi,

From the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and select Sevices.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed.

Regards,

DP-K

HP Recommended

document in queue will not print or delete. Printer now stuck for days even after trying for different solutions.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.