error code 0xc18a0206
Replies (47)

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 41 of 48 (799 Views)

Re: error code 0xc18a0206

PadraigdeB wrote:

Help!

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? What printer model? The troubleshooting steps here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Intern
pmhaseeb2010
Message 42 of 48 (783 Views)

I am posting this in the hopes that it may help other lost lambs like myself as I was unable to find this answer on my own searching the web.

For the past couple of days, my happy little HP 6180 Printer has been asking for new yellow juice. I finally got the chance to go pick up a new cartridge and much to my dismay, when I installed it, I got a message saying Ink System Failure... something something... refer to documentation.

Well, the documentation had no references to this kind of error. I tried everything the website suggested, unplugging it, taking out the ink cartridges, starting the whole thing up and reinstalling and the error just appeared again and again.

I looked online and was dismayed to find that people said that they had gotten refurbished models sent to them because they couldn't get tech support at HP to help them... OR that they were charged big bucks for tech support.

My husband took over at that point (I am normally the geek but it was a long day) he got online with a tech support person and she talked him through fixing it. It works great once again!!!

Here is the content of the chat, hopefully it helps you too! Christina is the tech support person. 

Christina: Let us perform some steps to isolate the issue and find a fix for it.
Christina: Please perform the following steps and let me know the message that will be displayed on the printer.
Christina: A. - Press and hold the “*” key. 
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys. 
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo” 
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
CustomerName: ok
CustomerName: screen says "support" R0631M
Christina: Fine.
Christina: 2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
Christina: 3. Press and release the “OK” button.
Christina: 4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
Christina: 5. Press and release the “OK” button.
Christina: 6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
CustomerName: yup
Christina: 7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
Christina: 8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
Christina: 9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
CustomerName: done
Christina: Fine.
Christina: 10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
CustomerName: done
Christina: 11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
CustomerName: made a buncha noise, and it didn't print a diagnostic page
Christina: Good.
Christina: Is the error message still being displayed on the printer?
CustomerName: nope
Christina: Good.
CustomerName: should I try to print something?
Christina: Let us print a self test page to check the functionality of the printer.
Christina: Press Setup menu on the All-in-One then scroll using the arrow key and select Print Report then select Self Test Report. 

tecnical support for hp printing
Student
LadieDivaQueen
Message 43 of 48 (729 Views)

I have a Re: error code 0xc18a0206

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 44 of 48 (713 Views)

Hi there,

I understand you're getting an error code on your HP printer. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening, but I will do my best to help.

This document is generic to the type of error code your getting on your printer, offering a few different courses you can try.

If you can tell me which HP printer you have I will see if I can find something more specific for you.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Student
mtngrizzly
Message 45 of 48 (653 Views)

Excellent approach toward capturing Cristina (HP tech) and customer diagnostic exchange.  After trying many other approaches I followed this one.  To the letter it WORKED!!  Like some who provided reviews and were frustrated enough to want to get rid of their printers I am one happy person because I was about to do the same. Thank you.  Thank you.  Will stick to HP's products.

Student
joyous26
Message 46 of 48 (602 Views)

Hello and Thank you so mch

Your advise is the antidote to the error code 0xc18a206. I've tried everything, i mean everything you can think of for the past 1 and a half years nothing worked, until I saw your advise. It cure the Oxc18a0206 disease.

Thanks a million.

Intern
pmhaseeb2010
Message 47 of 48 (582 Views)

Hello and Welcome!

The error 0xc18a0206 is mostly occurred in HP printers
To solve the error code 0xc18a0206, Follow the given steps

• Reset the printer without turning off the printer,disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer
  • Remove the cartridges from the printer
  • Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges' message to display on the control panel
  • Disconnect the power from the back of the printer
  • Now wait 60 seconds
  • Now reconnect the power If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button
  • Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the printer.
  • If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page.Print it
  • Reconnect the USB cable to the port of the printer & then try printing again 

Error will automatically remove. 
But if u face still this error then printer service required. In that condition best option is to ContactHP Service Provider

tecnical support for hp printing
Honor Student
MDSalazar71
Message 48 of 48 (352 Views)

I just found your suggestion and it worked just fine!  Thank you!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation