Question

Student
krissy
Message 1 of 3 (593 Views)

error code paper mismatch for photosmart D7560

trying to print checks but error code indicates paper mismatch, does not match paper size or type...just spits out my blank check

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 3 (576 Views)

Re: error code paper mismatch for photosmart D7560

Hi - Typically this occurs when the paper size settings in the application and the printer don't match.  First, check the "Page Setup" within the application you're printing from to make sure it matches the size of the check.  Second, within the application you're using, click File, Print, Properties and verify that the paper size is the same, in the printer driver, as it is in the application you're using. 

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
JoDunnst
Message 3 of 3 (404 Views)

Re: error code paper mismatch for photosmart D7560

I had this problem for so long and finally figured it out.  HP was no help except for the suggestion to switch it to "draft" quality.

Depending on your operating system, it will be different...  but basically... get to your printer's preferences ... Click on the "Paper / Quality" tab... and make sure that "Paper Type" (XP) or "Output Quality" (Windows 7) is set to AUTOMATIC.  That's it.  In Windows 7 ... there are a little more steps ... For Windows 7 you might have to go to printing preferences, change media type to plain, click on advanced, and change "Output Quality" to AUTOMATIC.  OH YEA... AND MAKE SURE TO CLICK "APPLY" AND NOT JUST "OK".  It works like a charm.  In Windows 7 The "Quality Settings" will automatically check the "Custom" checkbox when you put it on AUTOMATIC.  That's good... that's the way you want it..  So, the Quality Settings "Custom" checkbox will be checked and you will see that "Normal" is still selected but it is grayed out.  Hope this helps somebody.  I was going to go on HP's site and tell them the same thing since they haven't figured it out yet, but I don't want to make a new account... I have too many accounts already.  If someone has an HP customer blog account... feel free to copy and paste this in there if you want.  Good Luck People :smileywink:.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation