Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
@ Sulyn - I will need a little more information in order to help out. Are you getting an alphanumeric code error message? What is that message code and is it followed by any other messages? Do you have the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet or is it on a surge protector? Have you recently replaced any of the ink cartridges? If cartridges were replaced, are the new cartridges installed genuine HP non refilled ink cartridges?
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

message code is0xc190035 no not followed by other message.  Yes printer is plugged direct into wall.  Yes I have replaced a colour cartridge but this was after the error message started.  I changed a low cargride to see if low ink coild be causing the problem however it did not seem to instal as usual.  Yes it was a genuine hp cartridge.

SuLyn

HP Recommended
Thanks for the response, below you will find a link to the document that addresses alphanumeric codes for you printer. It will walk you through a hard reset. A hard reset attempts to restore to the printer to a known working condition if that is possible. http://goo.gl/1UmFF.

I would also clean the contacts on the ink cartridges to make sure that build up is not the source of the error message since too. Here is a link to your manual for the printer. pages 163-164 illustrates that cleaning process . http://goo.gl/BMJ8e
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

First of all many thanks for all who helped to save the problem with failure 0x19a0035 "failure in ink system".
This will to reduce the enviromental pollution and of course helped me to save money.

From my side some experiences I made, following the problem solving instructions.

My electronic partshop (conrad electronic) had no capacitor of the same specification of the original one. I bought some of the same capacity but highter admissible voltage of 25 V.

First I followed the given instructions to identify the bulged up capacitors.
In my case this was only one of the 860 µF / 6,3 V.

Unsoldering this is really a little bit tricky because of the above mentioned highter melting temperture of the lead used by HP. Especially to get the lead out of the plated through-holes of the printed circuit board (PCB), so that the new capacitor can be pluged in.

First I tried with a 16W soldering iron this was to weak, so I switch over to 80W soldering iron.
I used a unsoldering pump, also unsoldering wire and in one case finally a 0,8 mm drill the get the soldering lead out of the hole.

Because of the bigger housing of the capacitor for higher voltage (diameter: 10 mm instead of 8 mm; hight: 20 mm instead of 12 mm) I would not place the capactor in its upright position to avoid contact with metal housing of the printer after reassembling the PCB. So I slip a short part of shrink-on hose (~ 5mm) on the connetion wires for isolation. I solded in the capacitor approximately 6mm spaced apart from the board and bended it in laying positon.

After reassembling the whole PCB to printer I started testing.
Unfortunately the error message came again after round about 20 min.

So I decied to exchange also the no bulged capacitors of 860 µF / 6,3 V and 330 µF / 10 V with their refencing types 860 µF / 25 V and 330 µF / 25 V. The 330 µF can placed in their upright postion allthough the are 10 mm in diameter (instead of 8 mm) and 13 mm in hight instead of 12 mm of the originals. Altogether I exchange 2 of the 860 µF and 2 of the 330 µF capacitors.

Result:

Printer works fine again, no further error messages occured within the last 15 hours, since i Closed the housing of the printer

Many thanks again for that tip.

best regard

Hubertus

HP Recommended

When a unit is already Out of Warranty and having a hardware issue, such as an Ink System Failure, it is not uncommon for one to attempt a workaround solution.  These types of workaround solutions have been known to be successful for some people.

Keep in mind that a solution that requires one to dismantle the unit can cause complications with device warranty, but this would not be an issue with an already Out of Warranty device.

If you are going to attempt a solution that requires this level of electrical work and soldering, please be sure to do so in a safe manner or ask a professional. 

Please be cautious.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I am in the process of replacing all 4 capacitors for my HP C7280 All In One. While I have found the 330uF10V and the 680uF6.3V online, there are many different kinds made of different materials, some of lead, aluminum, etc. What is the best kind to get?

HP Recommended

UNBELIEVABLE!!!  IT WORKED!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.