Question

Student
kabie99
Message 1 of 7 (3,357 Views)

error msg. 0xc19a0020

I have a HP Photosmart Plus. The error message that I am receiving is Ink System Failure 0xc19a0020

I've tried many various remedies to no avail. I am using genuine HP cartridges. Please help. We cannot afford a new printer. We can barely afford the ink!

:smileyhappy: Karen

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 2 of 7 (3,327 Views)

Re: error msg. 0xc19a0020

printer model?
Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Student
tlarivee
Message 3 of 7 (3,020 Views)

I changed my print cartridges and now get this error 0xc19a0020

Hp Photosmart Premium

Honor Student
candy525
Message 4 of 7 (2,884 Views)

I am having the same problem. I changed out the printer ink cartridge and have had no change. Cant get it to get off the error message. My printer model # is Photosmart Premium C309g.

Thank you!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 5 of 7 (2,782 Views)

This article should help resolve the error you are getting:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03081973&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Give the steps a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
yogamom
Message 6 of 7 (2,706 Views)

I have this same problem with my Photosmart Plus B210a. I have done all of the troubleshooting steps recommended: removed ink cartridges, cleaned printhead, replaced ink cartridges, turned off and on (MANY times), unplugged and replugged directly in the wall. I tried "Clean Printheads" in the HP Toolbox, I was told the printhead was "missing". The Toolbox also indicated that all ink cartridges are full. I tried to use the HP Print & Scan Doctor, but it will not connect to the printer via the wireless network. I can't find the printhead to order on the HP site; however, I did find it on Amazon.com. My concern is spending the $40 only to find that it is not the actual problem. Please advise.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 7 of 7 (2,705 Views)

error msg. 0xc19a0020

I wouldn't buy the printhead from anywhere but HP directly. You will have to call them to order it, but that will ensure that it is the right printhead for your printer and a brand new one. The one on Amazon may be remanufactured, and those are not HP guaranteed. I'll include HP's contact number below. Before you try replacing the printhead, you might try doing a physical printhead cleaning on it. I'll include a link to those instructions below. If the cleaning doesn't work, you will need to either try replacing the printhead or the printer.

HP's number:
http://goo.gl/WaHYM

Physical printhead cleaning:
http://goo.gl/DfroJ
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation