Question

Top Student
rhea_75
Message 1 of 7 (704 Views)

flashing power button

i have an hp all in one 915 printer at home.  however, i wasn't able to print yesterday.  almost all lights are flashing including the power button. i already turned it off many times but to no avail. what could be the problem?

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 2 of 7 (667 Views)

Re: flashing power button

Hi,

I was looking for a manual on the HP 915 all-in-one printer website, but couldn't find one.  Do you have your printed manual?  If so, you might look in the troubleshooting section or in the index for Blinking lights.  It could give you some guidance on what to try. 

IF you don't have your manual, you might try resetting the product.  To do this, you'd leave the printer turned on (lights flashing), and unplug the printer from the power source (wall or back of printer), wait 60 seconds, plug the power back into the printer (if it doesn't turn on you might have to turn it on).  The printer should go through some set up steps and calibrations.  Sometimes this helps get the printer back to a known good status.

If this doesn't help, you might check to make sure the printer ink cartridges are snapped into place, maybe try removing them and putting them back in again.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
rhea_75
Message 3 of 7 (634 Views)

it seemed the real problem is the ink cartridge carriage was locked or jammed at the right side.  i tried to move it to the center and turned the power off then on again. still it failed to move. have moved it by my bare hands from left to right.  have tried it many times but the problem hasn't been resolved yet. already read the manual but can't see any solution.  i don't know if the expired ink triggered it. when i bought the printer i purchased spare inks. never did i know that it has expiration.  i seldom used the printer so when it's time to change the ink i found out it's already expired. i still used it though but everytime i used the printer some lights are blinking. please help me. i'm already losing hope. i bought that particular printer since it's said that it's ink are a little cheaper. but with what's happening it seems i will be spending more in case the problem is not resolved.

Top Student
rhea_75
Message 4 of 7 (595 Views)

please kindly help me. i haven't resolved my printer's problem yet. i have already done everything i can. as much as possibe i don't want to buy a new printer. there must still be some way to fix my printer. thank you in advance...

Top Student
rhea_75
Message 5 of 7 (571 Views)

please help. already opened the unit. can't see anything wrong though. i tried to clean it.  just read that i shouldn't clean the right side with so much ink on it. but it's already too late coz i cleaned it already. did it added to the problem? i already bought a new cartridge to see if it's not the expired ink that causing it. do i have to give up already? hope to receive a reply soon...thanks

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 6 of 7 (541 Views)

Hi,

I did a little more digging to see if I can help.  I didn't find anything about a "carriage jam" which is what you are decribing.  Here is the Blinking light document that contains some steps.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01236624&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Although this is about paper jams.... there might be some useful steps to try.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01236499&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
rhea_75
Message 7 of 7 (489 Views)

i give up. i think i have done the best i can. it's been weeks of trying to find a solution but found none. i thought i will be saving more with this printer but it turned out the other way. need to be wiser in choosing my next printer. goodluck to me!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation