Question

Honor Student
tribalurge
Message 1 of 3 (697 Views)

how do i disable the pop-up "low on ink" or "can't print" messages?

HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-one printer sends pop-up error messages to my macbook pro (OSX.5.8) 30 or more at a time warning of "low on ink".  How do I disable this feature.  there's no reason for these messages to popup over and over again.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 3 (678 Views)

Re: how do i disable the pop-up "low on ink" or "can't print" messages?

Hey Tribal. Make sure you acknowledge the messages inside the HP Message Center. By just clicking OK on the pop up will not stop the messages. If you have a handful you can Ctrl-Click and highlight all the messages and then close them all at once.

If acknowledging it inside the Message Center does not fix it you can permenantly disable all messages by opening the HP Utility which is inside the Applications folder (in Finder). Once inside HP Utility there should be a button in the top right for Settings. Click that and uncheck the boxes for displaying alerts.

Hope this helps!

-Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
tribalurge
Message 3 of 3 (672 Views)

Re: how do i disable the pop-up "low on ink" or "can't print" messages?

I don't see anywhere in the utility to uncheck or change the message settings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation