06-16-2012 02:59 PM
HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-one printer sends pop-up error messages to my macbook pro (OSX.5.8) 30 or more at a time warning of "low on ink". How do I disable this feature. there's no reason for these messages to popup over and over again.
06-19-2012 03:53 PM
Hey Tribal. Make sure you acknowledge the messages inside the HP Message Center. By just clicking OK on the pop up will not stop the messages. If you have a handful you can Ctrl-Click and highlight all the messages and then close them all at once.
If acknowledging it inside the Message Center does not fix it you can permenantly disable all messages by opening the HP Utility which is inside the Applications folder (in Finder). Once inside HP Utility there should be a button in the top right for Settings. Click that and uncheck the boxes for displaying alerts.
Hope this helps!
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper