Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi trb1012,

I am glad to hear of your success and I appreciate that you shared your results with the community.  Another member may benefit.  Many printing problems can be resolved by plugging the printer directly to a wall outlet.  Sometimes, if plugged into a surge protecter, power strip or battery backup, the printer may not receive the correct amount of power.  This can cause a variety of issues.  HP printers do have built in surge protectors.  I hope that addresses your concern.  Thanks again.    🙂

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Rich,

Thank you for responding.  I suggest the HP installation instructions clearly indicate that printing problems could be caused by not plugging the printer DIRECTLY into the wall socket and resolved by plugging the printer DIRECTLY into an outlet.  This would be extremely helpful. (Instructions show plugging into a wall outlet, but do not provide any warning as to the possible problem, by not doing so!)  Second, if this kind of power is required, HP should bite the bullet and include a longer cord.  Wall sockets, by their definition are confined to certain locations on a wall and frequently, not near where the printer needs to be installed.  The alternatives would be to include a cord that has an internal power booster or re-enginer the product so that plugging it into ubiquitous surge protectors and power pack outlets does not adversely affect the operation of the printer.  Thirdly, I was unaware that HP printers have internal surge protectors!  Do all of them have surge protectors?  This certainly would be good for consumers to know and help immensely with the foregoing.  Finally, thanks for responding to my post!  I have learned several important things do to your writing it!  Thanks again, Ted.

HP Recommended

Hi Ted,

You are welcome.  Here is a good email address for customer feedback. 

30.hpfeedback@hp.com

Most of the consumer printers I am familiar with have a power module that acts as a surge protector.  In the older models it is part of the power cord.  It is internal on some of the newer models.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

how do I install the 4 ink cartridges on the pro 8600 series, thank you charlotte brandle

HP Recommended

Hi Brandle,

If you need help with the printhead, take a look at this link.  Click Here 

Here is instructions and a video for the ink cartridges.  Click Here 

Does that help?

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

I have seen so many people ask questions regarding the ink cardtridge as well as the set up screen not showing up upon setup.  The ANSWER is so simple.....the screen does not like your finger and will not recognize it.  Try using a stylus....that's what worked for me after hours of trying to get it to work....I was ready to return it.

HP Recommended

How do I install an ink cartridge in HP 8600 Pro?

HP Recommended

Check out this link for instructions.  Click Here  Does that help?

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Trying to setup the 8600 is very frustrating unless you realize how sensitive the display screen is to your touch!

It does not respond if the touch is too hard or too light, or if the touch is not properly centered.  None of this is covered in the instructions.  Also, the ink cartridges are just starter, so you may as well buy the replacement with the initial purchase.

Very poor instructions until you can get the priniter initialized.

HP Recommended

How do I install ink cartidges?  Officejet 8600.

Can I operate this printer without its being online?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.