Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes, you can operate the 8600 using USB cable from your computer.  I recently purchased the printer and after finally understanding how sensitive the display is to the touch, got it operating and was able to install the ink cartridges.  Then could not get it to talk to the computer until we went into the "properties' section on the computer and under port LP1 selected the USB.  Finally operational.

Instructions for setting up HP8600 are extremely poor!  Good Luck!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, cannot get the ink receiver to show using the written instructions supplied

HP Recommended

how you can put the catoshe

HP Recommended

@KindaPissed wrote:

This is obviously not a new problem from the posts going back to 1-1-2011.  I am kinda pissed that my printer is doing the same **bleep** thing.  I don't want to have to try to pack this back into a box and return it to a store.  It would be nice if HP would respond with a solution (almost 2 years later).

are you serious..they haven't answered you yet?

HP Recommended

The printer cartridge holder, does not move far enought to the left to get the cartridges in,

HP Recommended

My book says to go to HP Director to align cartridges, but can't find this.  Just need to align them.

HP Recommended
Trying to set up my new HP 8600 printer but cannot find how to install ink cartridges.
HP Recommended

Good afternoon

I bought a new HP Officejet pro 8600 printer for my house,  I have installed the software on my PC but I cannot seem to put in the new cartridges!  The carrier doesn't want to move to the left it stays at the right.  I can thus not insert the cartridges??  Please assist?

HP Recommended

How to change ink cartridge  in HP office  PRO 8600

HP Recommended

Okay, so I just got one of these printers in for a client of mine and they had the same problem, carriage would not move over to load the ink. I had them bring it back and took a look. I believe I know why so many people have been having this problem. I thought the carriage looked a bit off inside and I was correct. The print head lever was not locked in place. I had to reach my hand all the way inside and with the tips of my fingers, push it back down. Once I did that, powered back on and the carriage was free to move.

I am guessing that during shipping, a good enough bump/drop/etc. is popping the print head lever up, thus preventing the carriage from moving.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.