Question

Honor Student
blindtony
Message 1 of 6 (20,815 Views)

how do i uninstall/remove an hp printer from windows 7

I am running windows 7 and my HP printer did not install properly ( I have NO printer icon to make it default) I have downloaded the latest setup file for 64 bit win 7, I want to uninstall The HP printer and re-install with the new setup & drivers.

How do I correctly uninstall and remove the HP printer from my PC so that none of my current drivers remain?

many thanks.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (20,804 Views)

Re: how do i uninstall/remove an hp printer from windows 7

Hi,

Please following instructions from this link.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
turkeywatcher
Message 3 of 6 (20,793 Views)

There's also an uninstall that was delivered with the HP software.  Get there:  START -> All Programs -> HP -> Printer Named directory under HP -> Uninstall.  This is supposed to uninstall software that Windows will not uninstall and which must be uninstalled to re-install successfully. 

HP also has an uninstall utility that can be downloaded to uninstall printer software that is difficult to uninstall.  So if you uninstall and try to re-install and the re-install does does result in a working printer, then get this utility from HP and complete the uninstall with the untility and try to re-install again.

This install - test - uninstall - re-install seems to be a vicious circle.  I hope you can complete successfully.

Honor Student
janpot
Message 4 of 6 (14,042 Views)

Door het wegvallen van de verbinding naar mijn printer kon ik niet meer printen. Software verwijderd en geprobeerd de software opnieuw te instaleren wat niet lukte. Als ik  de cd opstart staat er niet software instaleren bij. Ik vermoet dat er nog wat software is blijven staan. Als ik de computer opstart komter steeds missing tray app.msi te staan. Ik wekt op een acer laptop met windows 7.

Groeten  Jan

Honor Student
janpot
Message 5 of 6 (14,041 Views)

waar kan ik deze software vinden

63- Student
Student
63-
Message 6 of 6 (3,862 Views)

How do i uninstall/remove an hp printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation