Question

Honor Student
stove
Message 1 of 6 (253 Views)
Accepted Solution

how do you stop in windows 8 the registration from poping up.

how do you stop in windows 8 the registration from popping up.

Using an hp DESKTOP and have tried to disable it in services.msc

but that does not work neither doe system restore. nor uninstalling the HP 6480 printer software

or anything that HP offers on the web sites.

any suggestions

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 6 (236 Views)

Re: how do you stop in windows 8 the registration from poping up.

Hello,

I see that you're having an issue with the registration popping up on your desktop. 

Can you go into the control panel and look for the program called “HP Product Assistant”, if so please uninstall this feature. 

Let me know the outcome. 

Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Honor Student
stove
Message 3 of 6 (230 Views)

Your suggestion did not work after unistalling HP Product Assistant. The regestration still pops up.

To lions 99

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 6 (216 Views)

OK, so the registration from the printer software is popping up on your desktop, correct? 

I just want to make sure I'm on the same page as you as to what issue we're trying to resolve. 

Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.
I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Honor Student
stove
Message 5 of 6 (201 Views)

How do you stop in windows 8 the registration from poping up. on a HP J6480 printer. i have done everything except except throw the thing out in the trash.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. did a system restore. performed a services.msc and disabled the

product disable. As i sit here typing this it came back up again wanting me to register it.

I have run all the HP web site software that suppose to fix problems.

Maybe i ought to go back to WINDOWS 7.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 6 of 6 (197 Views)

OK, go to the task scheduler and delete these options that are giving you the issues. You can follow this document which will show you how to get to the task scheduler. 

1.     Under Name, point to any of the following tasks to select them, click Delete in the Actions pane, and then click Yes in the Task Scheduler dialog box.

o    Any Webreg task (Example: Webreg 20031218075500)

o    ExtendedService Plan - After triggered, repeat every 30 minutes indefinitely

o    HPCeeScheduleForryan - After triggered, repeat every 6 hrs for 3000 hrs (30.00:00:00)

o    InternetServiceOffers - After triggered, repeat every 30 minutes indefinitely

o    Registration - After triggered, repeat every 30 minutes indefinitely

o    ServicePlan - Multiple triggers defined

Let me know if you keep getting the pop up after delete thse features. 

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation