Question

Honor Student
lizm109p
Message 1 of 2 (871 Views)

how to cancel a print job in progress

I have a HP C5580.  When i was using Windows ME on my former PC, I could easily go to Printers, select the 5580,  hit documents in queue, and hit cancel , and the printer stopped.

Got a new Compaq  PC with Windows 7, and I can't figure out how to cancel a print job  mid stream.  I go to Printers and Devices, giet the page that allows me to view the print jobs in queue, I hit "print job in process", but the "Cancel" is not in bold print and I can'tfind any other way to cancel the job.

Help !

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (847 Views)

Re: how to cancel a print job in progress

The easiest way to cancel a print job would be by pressing the cancle button on the front panel.  This is the "X" button near the right side of the control panel, see pages 10 and 11 of the user manual here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation