09-29-2010 08:44 AM
I have an HP DeskJet 712C color printer which has been connected to the parallel printer port of a computer with a Windows 2000 operating system. I now want to use it with newer computers which have USB ports instead of parallel printer ports, and have Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 operating systems.
How can I connect the 712C printer to newer computers which connect to printers via a USB connection?
09-29-2010 08:48 AM
You will need a USB to Parallel converter cable. Make sure the cable you use is supported by your intended operating system. I have heard good results using Belkin cables.
Note that for 64 bit versions of Vista or Windows 7 you will need a patch for the Deskjet 712c available here.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper