hp 750 error inccorect black cartidge installed (2071 Views)
Student
Poisonivy78
Message 1 of 3 (2,071 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp 750 error inccorect black cartidge installed

I have the hp 750 psc and I just had the black ink refilled today and when I installed it back in it said that I have the incorrect cartridge in and this is the first time that this happen since I owned it.

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 3 (2,012 Views)

Re: hp 750 error inccorect black cartidge installed

[ Edited ]

Hi - First, anytime you refill cartridges, you run the risk of something like this happening.  I'd definitely recommend using genuine HP cartridges.  With that said, try the steps in this document, specifically about cleaning the contacts on both the cartridge and in the carriage.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (2,010 Views)

Re: hp 750 error inccorect black cartidge installed

Hi Poisonivy78,

It's a possibility that the refilled ink has damaged the cartridge and the printer now can't recognise it (more info here. )What you could do is try cleaning the cartridge contacts and printer carriage contacts and then re-insert the cartridge to see if the error has gone.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bpa00299&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=...

Hope this helps

- Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation