Question

Honor Student
alzilla
Message 1 of 5 (273 Views)

hp Officejet 4500 wireless model G510n

hello,

i have a new hp Officejet 4500 I just purchased a week or so ago, it was bought to upgrade from our first all in one we have had over 8 years now. I took the printer out of the box followed directions on set up, I got to the part about using wireless router or USB and once i clicked the USB tab my only chioce was to either go back and try again or unplug the USB and to make sure it is in correctly, which they only hook up one way,

The display screen has been flashing telling me turn off and back on, it will not turn off!, the little yellow button is flashing as well and the computer tells me there is no USB or USB connection even though I did that in the process of setting the country, launguge, I have downloaded everything I can find on this printer,

I have attempted tp contact customer service via email and I cannot get to that page, so a recap:

I have installed the programs off the disc, I set the launguae and area, plugged in the USB to the computer then the printer, the display screen started flashing, also after I put the cartridges in they started hitting something on the bottom left side of the color cartridge

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 5 (267 Views)

Re: hp Officejet 4500 wireless model G510n

Hi

sounds like this printer has an firmware issue right out of the box. SO its normal that the computer wont see it. @ options, 1 go back to the store, 2 call your local HP support. IF you tell me which country you are from i will look up the number for you.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Honor Student
alzilla
Message 3 of 5 (262 Views)

Pecardje,

Thank you for your fast reply, I am sorry I missed steps here, I was doing everything the web page, help folder etc told me to, I live in the US, I am in a small town called Saint John, WA, we purchased this at a Walmart in AIrway Heights, WA.

Let me know which way to go here, we will be heading back to Wal Mart for our monthly cleaning supplies so I can take it back or which ever way you advise, my wife has ask if we can take this back since it is eletronics?

thanks for your help

al

Professor
Picardje
Message 4 of 5 (258 Views)

HI,

As you are in the US I suggest you call your local support first.

800-HP invent
or
800-474-6836

As the product is new it still should be in warrenty, and if they not able to solve to your liking (which will be unlikely) you can always go back to the store.  

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Honor Student
alzilla
Message 5 of 5 (251 Views)

I will give them a call in the morning, we bought this to replace a HP 2410 all in one we have had for about 7 years it is just now causing us problems and we have easily ran 12,000 plus sheets of paper through it, we are scrollers and use them to enlarge all our patterns,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation