09-03-2011 12:00 PM
error 49.4c02 is a critical firmware error that occur which cause the processor on the formatter to abort operation.This type of error can be because of invalid print commands,corrupt data,or invalid operations. Sometimes electrical noise in the cable can corrupt data during transmission to the printer. Other causes include poor quality parallel cables or poor connections,
To solve this try this solution step by step
- Turn the printer off and then back on.
- Try printing a job from a different software application. If the job prints, go back to
- the first application and try printing a different file. If the message appears only with a certain software application or print job, contact the software vendor for assistance.
- f the message persists with different software applications and print jobs, disconnect all cables to the printer that connect it to the network or PC.
- Turn the printer off.
- Remove all memory DIMMs or third-party DIMMs from the printer. (Do not remove the firmware DIMM in slot J1.)
- Remove all EIO devices from the printer.
- Turn the printer on.
- If the error no longer exists, install each DIMM and EIO device one at a time, making sure to turn the printer off and back on as you install each
- Replace a DIMM or EIO device if you determine that it causes the error.
- Remember to reconnect all cables that connect the printer to the network or computer.
- If the error persists, final option is replace the firmware