Question

Honor Student
jholtxo
Message 1 of 3 (1,141 Views)

hp deskjet 3050 wont print the bottom half of the page

Hi, I bought an hp deskjet 3050 j611 printer about a month ago. At first, it was working great! Recently though, I have been unable to print a single thing! All it does is print the first 1/4 of the page and then it stops printing and shoots out the page. I have tried everything, from the hp printing diagnostic software, to even uninstalling the whole hp software and re-installing it with the original installation cd. I have windows 7 64 bit. As well, the photocopying and scanning works perfectly, its just the printing that is not working. If someone could please help me that would be great because its driving me crazy, and I can no longer take my printer back to the store I originally bought it from(return date is over)!

Thanks!

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (1,131 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 3050 wont print the bottom half of the page

Hi,

Such an issues will usually occour due to communication error.

If it is networked connected, try and temporary disable any active firewall and check for any change.

If it is usb, try switching a USB port, as well try replacing the cable if the same appears

Make sure the usb cable is directly connected to your PC, not through any hub, and it is not too long - 1.8m lengh is recommended to use.

Please let me know if any of those helped,

If not, clarify your operating system and the connection type.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
jholtxo
Message 3 of 3 (1,130 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 3050 wont print the bottom half of the page

Hello, I tried the windows firewall suggestion, and still the same issue. In the past, before I reinstalled the software again, I tried using the USB as well as the network, and both ways did not work - it did the same thing (printing only the first top half of the page). Currently, I am using the network method, on a windows 7 64 bit computer! 

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation