hp deskjet keeps printing alignment page (1626 Views)
Student
beermugNY
Message 1 of 5 (1,626 Views)

hp deskjet keeps printing alignment page

Hi:
Since i changed operating systems from WindowsXP32bit to Windows7 64bit, my printer keeps printing alignment pages. It will do it when i power on the printer, and it will do it after each printout. So far ive looked at HP's deskjet page. The HP Toolbox software isnt supported by Windows7, meaning that the handy print alignment and cartridge ink level software cant be used. I went to Hp's print alignment page ,they give you steps on what buttons to press on the printer to print an alignment page, to clean the printheads,print a print quality diagnostic page [which didnt work] ,and also to calibrate linefeed. I also cleaned the ink cartridges and removed any dry ink on them.

None of that seemed to help. Does anyone know a solution to this? [this printer does not have a scanner by the way].

I like this printer, and since theres no "windows7 compatible" HP inkjet printers available at this time, id like to keep this one.

Thanking you

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (1,613 Views)

Re: hp deskjet keeps printing alignment page

What is your Deskjet model? 

What makes you beleive no Deskjet is supported in Windows 7 - that is certainly not the case.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
cooky10
Message 3 of 5 (1,437 Views)

Hi Bob,

I am having the same problem as beermug....

I have a HP5150 printer and I too like it...it is just not working like it used to with the features when I had Win XP.

I like this printer and do not really want to buy another cuz most are all in one and I don't need all those features.

I now have Win7 64bit.

I have looked all over trying to find a driver for this product...and have read there is not one available.

Lots of patches and suggestions for those converting from Vista to Win7 but tried some and they did nothing.

If there is support for Windows 7 64bit for my Hp5150...i certainly would like to know about it.

thanks

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (1,421 Views)

The driver for the Deskjet 5150 is delivered though Windows Update as described here.  The Deskjet 5550  driver would also be compatible, I would recommend the HP version rather than the earlier Microsoft version.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
bjcordoza
Message 5 of 5 (1,407 Views)

i have a photosmart 7960 and the last couple weeks it has kept giving me the message to print calibration page even though i have not put in a new cartridge or opened any doors.  i will print one with everything looking fine and then the light will come on again and say to print a calibration page again.  any suggestions

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation