Question

Honor Student
kcguyme
Message 1 of 3 (2,359 Views)

hp inkjet 6940 resume light flashing -

The resume light on my inkjet is flashing.  I press the button and the carriage moves to the far right and then back to far left.  The roller starts to spin slightly and then the resume light starts flashing again.  Could this be due to a bad feed motor?  I check the printer for obstructions and blew it out with an air hose.  I have powered it off and followed all instructions on fixing a jam issue.  Any help would be nice.  Thanks.

Student
snakesup
Message 2 of 3 (2,322 Views)

Re: hp inkjet 6940 resume light flashing -

I've got the same problem.  I need to change B/W Cartledge, but the green (on) & orange (arrow) keep flashing and the cartledge moves back and forth, but doesn't stop on right side to pull out and change.
Tutor
mujju
Message 3 of 3 (2,306 Views)

Re: hp inkjet 6940 resume light flashing -

Hi,

Do not use any air hose /vaccum cleaner to blew any obstruction as it might dislodge printer components.

Make sure that the stack of paper to be loaded in the product contains no fewer than 10 and no more than 25 sheets of pape 

Make sure that the paper is completely inserted into the product unitil the first resistance is meet, that can be picked up by the printer.

Press and release the Resume Button once. The printer would feed the paper in and might print something .

Hope this should help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation