02-13-2011 09:11 PM
I've had MFP about 2 yrs. 3 days ago, it began putting a page-length, thin line on right side of every copy. Line is slanted, about 1/4" from the side, and gradually becoming 1/2" from the side at the bottom of an 8 1/2 x 11 pg. I ran pre-moistened laser printer cleaning paper through, same line on the cleaning paper. I cleaned the scanner glass inside. I removed the brand-new genuine HP laser toner cartridge, gently slid back curved protector on the green roller, cartridge had thin line on the end of the green drum, right where line appeared on the copy. I cleaned the line off, reinserted the cartridge, made a copy, same line appeared on paper and green cartridge roller. I removed the cartridge, which I'd installed 5 days earlier. I unsealed the box for my spare backup genuine new HP cartridge, checked to make sure there was no line on the green roller. Installed it in the printer, made a copy, same thin line appeared on copy and on green roller in the cartridge. This happens with copies only, not with scans or printouts.
Does anyone have this problem? What might cause this? It's not the cartridges; they're both brand new & the 1st one caused no problems at first. I need laser copies for my home business here, because laser copies don't smear when liquids accidentally drop on them, as inkjet printouts do.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper