Question

Honor Student
workpants
Message 1 of 8 (4,827 Views)

hp officejet 6310. I keep getting a reset power error message, all the lights are flashing

HP Officejet 6310 All in One printer.  Computer is a HP Pavillion a1410n. Operating system is Windows xp media center edition. Version 2002.

I keep getting a reset power message on my HP officejet 6310, flashing lights. Machine is unresponsive. I have tried to reset power by unplugging power cord  and plugging it back in while holding down the # key and 3, 6 or 9 keys.

Tried taking out the ink cartridges and put them back in. Now the printer says my tri color ink cartridge is depleated. It is not.

The test page is perfect and the alignment page is fine when it prints out. I have always used genuine HP ink cartridges.

The main problem is it starts up fine then after set up it goes to the reset power message with the flashing lights. Sometimes I can clear it but then the camera icon flashes and the machine is still unresponsive. Please help !

Grad Student
dqmcg
Message 2 of 8 (4,820 Views)

Re: hp officejet 6310. I keep getting a reset power error message, all the lights are flashing

I've included a link to an HP document that covers the issue you are having.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01059445&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=1119598&tmp...

Dave M.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
workpants
Message 3 of 8 (4,817 Views)

Re: hp officejet 6310. I keep getting a reset power error message, all the lights are flashing

I have already tried this. Since I took out the ink cartridges and reinstalled them, when I turn the computer on, it goes right to aligning the page mode. About halfway of doing the alignment the printer screen shuts off for a second, when it comes back on all the lights flash and says reset power.

Student
osborn1943
Message 4 of 8 (4,576 Views)

hp office printer 6310 keep getting reset power message and all lights flashing

Honor Student
Deadend
Message 5 of 8 (3,085 Views)

ive done the link you send myself so many times i just wanted to take my head off and chuck it...

so instead i took the printer and chucked it out the door the idea they gave were in no way gonna fix this i knew it before i tried to find away so i will be buying a new printer now and i think ill go somewhere else for my printer needs because HP has no idea no do they care about the little guy.

pxc Honor Student
Honor Student
pxc
Message 6 of 8 (2,662 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with my HP 6310xi.
I never get to a point where I can print the page because it is always doing cartridge alignment.
If the cartridge alignment is canceled, The machine will complete it start up and provide a functional scanner and printer.

This condition is unstable and it may revert any time to the power reset lights flashing at which time you can do the cancel procedure, but this is a real bother.

I am truly getting unhappy with Hewlett-Packard and their printers. Their proprietary cables. Their proprietary voltages and their installation software that throws garbageware on your computer.

I have an Epson it seems to be working over 10 years now and my problem is becoming one of finding ink supplies. In addition, I can fit a full-page which you cannot do with the HP. There a genius engineers had decided that you do not need that last half-inch no matter how much you want it.
[Personal Information Removed]

Honor Student
billieadams
Message 7 of 8 (2,415 Views)

hp officejet 6310. I keep getting a reset power error message, all the lights are flashing

Honor Student
billieadams
Message 8 of 8 (2,414 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation