hp officejet 8500 repair manual (19295 Views)
Top Student
Chuck36
Message 1 of 29 (19,295 Views)

hp officejet 8500 repair manual

can anyone tell me where I can download a repair manual for the hp officejet 8500,

have a paper jam up inside and would like a step by step instruction on taking apart.

thanks

chuck

Master's Graduate
Comptronic
Message 2 of 29 (19,283 Views)

Re: hp officejet 8500 repair manual

Which exact officejet do you have?

A909...

A910...

Top Student
Chuck36
Message 3 of 29 (19,275 Views)

i have an HP officeJet pro wireless  a909g.

can you direct me to a "repaid manual" download?  i am proficient at repairing many other HP printers but this is the  first time for this all in one unit and  i like to follow a manual for step by step process.

hope you can point me in the right direction --  in the past i have been  pointed to a download source for HP manuals but that was on a prior computer and no longer kept that address

thanks for your anticipated help

chuck

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 29 (19,258 Views)

There is a guide for clearing paper jams here.  The available manuals are here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Top Student
sunny7
Message 5 of 29 (18,443 Views)

I am having the same issue with my HP 8500. I have read all over the internet and believe my issue was the gears inside that black cover thing. In trying to push the gears around with a screwdriver (as suggested on HP forum), my black cover thing popped off. I believe I have fixed the gear issue but now can't get that black cover thing back on properly.

I am trying to take apart the printer so that I might get better access to it. It sounds like you have experience taking this printer apart. I can't find anything on how to do this (other than just unscrewing everything I see).

If you have any info on the proper steps to disassembling the printer, please let me know.

Thanks

Top Student
tony_kaye
Message 6 of 29 (16,835 Views)

I've been watching the posts on the officejet 8500 false paper jam problem. Its clear based on the number of people posting with the same issue that HP knows that this is a design problem. it sucks that they (HP) continues to play dumb as if it a simple consumer knowledge issue. Their other response, that their customer could receive a credit towards the purchase of a replacement printer is absurd, being that we spent good money on our purchase of this printer expecting that we would get many years of use from the unit. Then after just over a year of very light use it takes a s**t. Saying that these printers are not serviceable and in essence are thow away units because of a defective <$5.00 part and a service manual is just wrong. If I can't get service (manual/parts) I don't think I'll buy any HP products in the future.

Honor Student
lesappy
Message 7 of 29 (16,781 Views)

Have a HP officejet pro premier with a false paper jam that won't clear.

I have read about the gear problem, and would like the service manual. or instructions

on how to get to it. I am a Xrox retiree of 27 years ,so I think I might be able to fix it. Can

we get the part once it is confirmed bad?

Lenny in Florida

Student
somma28
Message 8 of 29 (15,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
Please advise if one is available
hp officejet 8500 repair manual
 Thanks,Mike
[Personal Information Removed]
Honor Student
cologic
Message 9 of 29 (14,917 Views)

I have exactly the same problem. been trolling the net for weeks, trying to find a manual that helps dissassembling my out of warranty officejet pro 8500 wireless.  Nowhere to be found. HP has some **bleep** retentive policy that service manuals are not to be handed out. Never. Even asked some HP managers I happen to be in contact with.  Why they have that policy - HP says for reasons of insurance???? Here you can see where a company totally get lost and has no idea anymore why it exists; by virtue of its customers.  I also decided to never purchase any HP gear anymore, as I feel like I have been ripped off by HP. After all I paid some 500 euro for this machine, still have for close to 100 eur working cartridges, its an all in one machine, but is now totally useless because the scanner cannot be operated if the printer malfunctions.   The owrst is in my mind the arrigance of HP, totally rejecting any responsibility as the designer, builder, manufacturier and seller of this unit. After all, seen the number of complaints about this very same issue it must be a design fault.

Keep it up HP, you soon will follow into the trail of ohter dinosaurs.

Student
BBrand
Message 10 of 29 (12,595 Views)

Hi, inside my HP Officejet Pro 8500A was a thin plastic strip approximately 18" long. that has come lose. It has a small hole on each end and should be attached somewhere to the print carriage. How can I find a diagram to see where this strip is to be connected?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation