Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My hp officejet 8600 plus will not print envelopes I am using #10 size envelopes, this is the size the box says they are and I remeasures them and they are the correct size.  When I try to print on these envelopes I select the #10 size in Microsoft Word.  Every time I try to print the Printer tells me that there is a paper mismatch and will not print on the envelopes?  I have tried to adjust settings in Microsoft and loading the envelopes in different places but keep getting the same error message.  Any help would be great

Thanks

45 REPLIES 45
HP Recommended
I believe this issue to be related to the paper tray issues found with certain 8600s.

The following link is a downloadable Firmware flashing utility that will update the firmware in your printer:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-102210-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Please note that your printer needs to be physically conencted to the computer to flash the firmware, either a direct USB connection or an ethernet connection. Your printer does not need to be installed with the above connection types, just simply hooked up in that fashion.

If that doesn't work, trying printing envelopes from a different text editing program to determine whether it's an issue with Word or not.

If it's happening from multiple programs then I would suggest a complete unistall of all HP Printer software from your computer and then try to reinstall.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, after receiving the printer last night I, too have the same problem.  regular size envelopes are not printed.  I have also checked the firmware and the firmware is upto date.  Please reccomend a suggestion I have the 8600 n911a version printer

HP Recommended

Seriously, I'm having the same problem. Is there anything that can fix this problem? 

HP Recommended

Try the document I linked below. I am not sure if you guys have already done the same steps but if you have not please try it out and let me know if it worked or not.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01824353

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
HP Recommended

Thank you for that info.  Interestingly enough, I think it's a bug on Stamps.com because when I have had this issue of not printing on #10 envelopes (still do) it was only on Stamps.com.  The printer does an excellent job printing from word.  

HP Recommended

Hi, I just purchased the 8600 Premium. Its installed and prints fine...but. Even though it recognizes that I have two trays, I cannot seem to get it to print from them both. I have gone into preferences in the printer software and changed the top tray to envelopes #10. However every single time I do this, it also changes the bottom tray to the same thing, abandoning the setting for letter size paper. Now when I go to the bottom tray and enter letter size paper, it changes it AND the top tray from envelopes to letter size paper ! Its like all or nothing !!!

Now I have changed the settings in word 2010 to reflect where the enelopes are and the fact that the printer pulls from the center...and envelopes now print just fine. However I can no longer print letters! It wants to pull from the top tray all the time and it says 'paper mismatch' error every single time i try. I am NOT trying to print envelopes and letters at the same time.

I do not know what to try now at this point. Thanks !

HP Recommended

I have the correct firmare but I'm unable to print single envelopes using stamps.com.  What is the resolution.

HP Recommended

Hi John,

We would like to apologize for this issue that you are encountering with your printer while trying to print through Stamps.com.  There may be several different reasons for this so we suggest you reach out to our Customer Support Team at 1-888-434-0055 (open Monday through Friday, 6:00am to 6:00pm PST).

They have a number of tools that should help identify the error and troubleshoot this issue for you.

Thanks!

Divya

Stamps.com

HP Recommended

With all due respect to the folks who post our here, it would be good to be able to find a post that is a solution. All that seems to be presented is the problem. Too many people are experiencing the same problem when trying to print a #10 envelope from MS Word on their 8600 all-in-one HP printer. Clearly, there is either a serious bug, or is this is simply not well documented. Where is the fix for this problem. I bought this printer so I could print envelopes and can guarantee I have spent more in time than the cost of the printer, and still can't print an envelope. The time invested hasn't yet exceeded the cost of ink for the printer, but we are getting close on that front as well.

My error message continues to be a paper size mismatch?? **bleep**? I have loaded the size 10 envelopes as instructed into the paper tray, and when the print options are selected, I am telling Word that I want to print a #10 envelope. Nothing works. Initially, was getting an error message that said a section of what I was wanting to print fell outside the print boundaries...seem to be past that now but why the paper size mismatch? How many knobs are there to turn to set the paper size, and where are they?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.