Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So this sounds like it is a configuration issue. By the design specifications on the 8600, the second tray is designed to only print letter sized paper. The first tray is adjustable. You will have to configure the settings (you can adjust default tray and tray lock through the printers control panel) so that when you want to print letters you need only select Tray 1 to do so. 

Is this what you are looking for? 

Let me know and I will get right back with you. Have a great weekend! 

-Spencer 

HP Recommended

Thanks. I had forgotten the "Default Tray" could be set by hardware controls.

HP Recommended

No problem, that's what I am here for! If you ever need any more help feel free to message me or make a thread on the forum. Either I, one of my colleagues  or one of the experts on here will respond back and try to get your issue taken care of. 

Have a lovely weekended! 

HP Recommended

I set my printer properties setting to print envelopes from tray 2, and then removed my paper and inserted my envelope to print.  (There is a picture on the floor of the tray showing the correct envelope positionsing).  It worked fine and will be useful when I need to print several envelopes.

Will the driver you sent me work in a different way?

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

No problem, that is what I am here for! 🙂

Fantastic that you are able to get everything printing, and the driver that I sent you is a generic driver which has a greater degree of maneuverability as far as some of the finite printer controls are concerned. Since this is a two tray machine, I am not sure how it will interact on this machine since I believe it was originally designed for a single tray machine. 

I hope you have a wonderful day! 

-Spencer 

HP Recommended

I am using windows 8 pro, microsoft office 2013, and I can not get my HP officejet pro 8600 plus to print envelopes either.

HP Recommended

My new HP8600 will not recognize the drivers on Dazzle. Any suggestions??

HP Recommended

I purchased the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus to replace a Dell wireless printer that was JUNK. I really have enjoyed the ease of use and other advantages of the 8600 (like FAX auto detect). However, it DOES NOT print No. 10 envelopes, or others I imagine, and this is UNACCEPTABLE. This printer is excellent but even the DELL printed envelopes...hell every printer I have ever owned has printed on any envelope. So why would HP make such an easy to use product that does NOT print envelopes. I have been to TECH SUPPORT and was told the printer dos not support the No. 10 envelopes (the tech had to be educated as to what a No. 10 envelope was).

The No. 10 envelope is a business and personal correspondence standard! HP what were you thinkng!!!!! Very VERY DISAPPOINTED! So FIX IT! Dont try and blame Stamps.om either HP......it doesnt work on any software program! This is your mess so fess up and create a solution not just blame other software and ignore the problem!

Every computer (3) and laptop (2) in my home is now HP as I decided to leave DELL products and have spent thousands to purchase these HP products......please dont make me regret my decision.

HP Recommended
OK....well I seemed to have found the FIX for printing No. 10 envelopes from Word 2013 (Office 365). So now off to see if Stmps.com will work. I was pretty upset earlier and obviously in my post it showed. Very frustrated after the whole PORBLEM that I spent hours on and HP Tech Geek didn't have a clue to say the least!
HP Recommended

Hi CoastieOfAZ,

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience.  According to the following link, the Officejet Pro 8600 Plus does support US #10 envelopes.  Click Here  Please let me know if you are still having trouble.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.