HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-12-2012 02:08 PM
I can print, but the printer won't print duplex. It says the duplex unit is not installed, even though I have double (and triple) checked it to make sure it is installed. If I want to print duplex I have to re-insert the paper.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-27-2012 02:33 PM
could you provide the community with a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? What operating system are we using and what application are we printing from?
08-10-2012 03:47 PM
I just installed my Officejet J6480 on a new computer running Windows 7. It will not print dupelx automatically, but everything else works & installer indicates proper installation. The only printer setting options in HP solution Center for print on both sides are:
Left Side Booklet
Right Side Booklet
Automatic is not an option regardless of the print data source. The duplexer is in place
08-17-2012 10:54 AM
Try these steps as they should get you setup properly:
1. Click Windows icon () on the taskbar> Control Panel> Printers
2. Right-click the printer icon.
3. Click Properties , and then click the Device Settings tab.
4. Click the plus sign ( + ) next to Installable Options to expand it if needed.
5. Click Duplex Unit to activate the drop-down menu.
6. Click the drop-down menu beside Duplex Unit and select Installed.
7. Click Apply and then click OK.
Let us know if it helps. Best of Luck!
08-20-2012 08:16 AM
Glad to hear you are good to go. Let us know if you run into any other problems .
Best of Luck!