Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thats a rubbish response..  I have a brand new printer out of a box and same issue WITHIN A DAY !!!  Tried Turning "Auto Off Console" and disabling "Advanced Printing Features".  Same issue. 

HP needs to stop producing this model or fix the problem once and for all.  I have phoned up HP several times re this issue.  I once had to swap the model 4 times at one site.  In the end we chucked it and got the next model up.

COME ON HP, GET YOUR ACTS TOGETHER !!!

HP Recommended

Hi KVR,

Please provide additional details.

1. Problem Description
2. Printer Model
3. Operating System (including service pack revision)
4. Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
5. Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/m-p/2094

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have been encountering such an issue where I can go to the Device Settings of the printer when you right-click > Properties on the 1606dn model within the Printers and Faxes directory. A user would have to turn on the device every morning (it goes into standy or "sleep" mode but for some reason it powers off completely). After testing this with my desktop at my job, I installed it with a different executable file located on the software CD.

Rather than running the HPSetup.exe, run the executable file called P1100_P1560_P1600.exe and then click the Install link toward the top on the fancy HP GUI window that appears. Go through the steps (I chose the advanced or custom install option first by habit since I am a computer guy). Once everything gets to the end where it asks to plug in the printer (I did USB so you may be doing the same or use it networked), perform that step and wait for the OS to install the hardware with the software and get the Successfully Installed confirmation.

Now go to Printers and Faxes directory and look for the 1606dn listing then right-click and choose Properties > Device Settings tab. You should see a section called EcoSmart Console with options explicitly for Sleep Mode and Auto Off mode. You can set Auto Off to ""Never" or different increments of time based on printer inactivity. I am currently testing this today and will check to see on Monday if it is still in sleep mode or completely shut down.

**One last note, I've read for this printer and possibly other models that you need to send a print job to it after making your power choice changes then clicking Apply > Ok in order for it to actually hold so give a quick test print page to it after Applying > Ok'ing your changes.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I installed the 1606 using the .exe but I do not see a section noted green.

All I see is the place where I can uncheck the auto-off. The time paramteres I see are 5min to 2 hrs.

Why can I not see the eco section to set to never off, like you describe. I am using the 1606dn driver.

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone, 

Update the printers firmware from the link below, and let me know if you still experience issues?

HP LaserJet P1600 Firmware Update Utility

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for the firmware update. Even though these printers are connected via usb, I had to connect them to the network, so I could access the printer through a browser, to select the auto-off to never. Once everything was completed I printed a config page and at the bottom it says sleep 1 hr, auto-off to never. I'd feel even better if I could make it to never sleep. I must say I am impressed how fast I get expert help here on the forum. Thjanks again I will let you know how it turns out.

HP Recommended

Hi moby2006, 

Thank you for the update. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Well I wish I had good news to report. But the firmware didn't solve my problem.

After a few min the printer gets dropped. One can continue to work with the Accuro program which is Citrix. But when you wake up the session, Accuro runs, but when you want to print within Accuro, click print, no printers show up.

Printers are printing within windows.

HP Recommended

Now go to Printers and Faxes directory and look for the 1606dn listing then right-click and choose Properties > Device Settings tab. You should see a section called EcoSmart Console with options explicitly for Sleep Mode and Auto Off mode.

I did this and did not see a section called ecosmart. There is an auto off console but unchecking that does not set the auto off to never. I did manage to change auato off to never by, upgradong the firmware and  accessing the printer through a browser. But the longest sleep time is 2 hrs.

I would like it to never sleep. As well, never auto off. The auto-off is now set to never.

HP Recommended

My apologies for the trouble you are having but here is a screenshot of the properties window and tab I am in to show you.1606dn Properties Sheet

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.