Question

Student
dani2381
Message 1 of 6 (4,938 Views)

hp photosmart premium c309g not printing correctly

this problem has slowly gotten worse. printer had been working fine since Oct 2010 (when a newly installed cartridge would not print) but recently stopped printing black.

According to the ink cartridge estimated ink levels, I had PLENTY of black ink, although the color cartridges were low. The photo cartridge appeared to be working, but all of the other colors appeared faded-I assume because the black was not working? I've tried everything I can find, short of taking a sledgehammer to this printer (which I'm about ready to do) including installing brand new cartridges, since ALL of the other cartridges that previously had ink were emptied trying to align, and clean printheads...and now I'm seeing my brand new cartridges disappear along with a tree worth of paper, and still no black. 

I tried to clean the printhead assembly with a coffee filter as suggested, and it seems that there is LOTS of black ink on the printhead assembly, but for whatever reason, that black ink is not making it onto the paper. 

I am JUST out of warranty for the printer, and now I'm starting to feel like I'm wasting so much ink (what about the warranty with that?)  Is there anything I can do short of replace this printer at this point? I found that I can purchase a new printhead assembly (how do I know that will work) but for a $20 product they are asking $10 for shipping, are they kidding me?! 

Student
tacobelle2009
Message 2 of 6 (4,536 Views)

Re: hp photosmart premium c309g not printing correctly

Spoiler

I am having the EXACT same problem with my photosmart 309 printer as well.

This is the second time it has stopped recognizing my black ink cartridge - the first time it miraculously fixed itself?!? after I left the computer alone for a few days. 

I never understood what happened but was just happy to have my printer working again!

The problem is back now however and I am at wits end.

What did you wind up doing?

HELP

Student
littlemugwump3
Message 3 of 6 (4,402 Views)

I am having a similar problem, but I just bought the printer so it is particularly mysterious. It never printed color, and after successfully printing one black-and-white document, it has decided not to print black either. It goes through all of the motions, but then spits out blank pages. I have replaced the black ink and taken all the cartridges out and put them back in again. Nothing seems to help. I would appreciate any advice. I would rather find some way to fix it than return it to the store.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (4,399 Views)

littlemugwump3 wrote:

I am having a similar problem, but I just bought the printer so it is particularly mysterious. It never printed color, and after successfully printing one black-and-white document, it has decided not to print black either. It goes through all of the motions, but then spits out blank pages. I have replaced the black ink and taken all the cartridges out and put them back in again. Nothing seems to help. I would appreciate any advice. I would rather find some way to fix it than return it to the store.

Try the troubleshootings steps in this page, especially with attention to the vent areas.  If this does not resolve the problem the post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
stonegate
Message 5 of 6 (2,115 Views)

My Hp Photosmart 309g printer will not print in black.  The color cartridges are printing just fine.  I have tried everything listied in the manual,  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 6 (2,099 Views)

stonegate wrote:

My Hp Photosmart 309g printer will not print in black.  The color cartridges are printing just fine.  I have tried everything listied in the manual,  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Try the troubleshootings steps in this page, especially with attention to the vent areas.  If this does not resolve the problem the post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation