HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-29-2011 09:30 AM
when my printer goes into energy saving mode , it will not wake up or power off , i have to turn it off at the mains
and reboot my printer until the next time it goes to sleep then i have to repeate
it seems that once my printer is asleep it disables the power button
this is getting very annoying for a month old printer
any body any idear's Clive
01-06-2012 10:36 AM
I have exactly the same problem. Leave the printer more than 5 minutes and I can't print anything unless I re-boot it.
I have an active ticket open with HP and after 2 calls and diagnoses over the phone they still can't solve it. Claimed this was not a known problem, but when I pointed out all the complaints on this forum was provided with the following checks (which may or may not help you):
1) Turn off the powersave mode (Menu - Setup - Preferences - Energy Save Mode - Off)
See if that works.
2) Perform a semi- reset (this wa a complicated menu path, which he guided me though, but unfortunately I did not have time to write it down - suggest you search forum for guidance).
3) When the printer is "showing "printing" (but doing nothing), cancel the print and then see if you can do a simple "copy" on the printer. If you can't (I couldn't) it proves it's nothing to do with your PC, network etc and is purely down to an HP printer fault.
The HP agent told me it definately is not a hardware problem (eg paper feed etc) and so this hints at a software bug.
If he can't solve it when I call next week (he failed to keep his promise to call me back this afternoon), then I will be demanding a replacement under the Sale of Goods Act. The fact that "power saving mode" was advised to be turned permantly "off" proves the product does function to the specification under which it was sold and is therefore not of merchantable quality.
I've wasted enough time on this already. It's a shame because for the first 3 months all was fine and I was very happy with the printer.
02-05-2012 07:18 AM
I have the same problem. The printer won't wake up.
Tip: Simply plug in a phone, pickup de headset and the printer will wake up.
Tip2: Turn off the energy saver mode in the preferences menu.
02-05-2012 07:27 AM
HP have finally resolved by:
- Sending me THREE new printers (the first 2 did exactly the same thing!)
- Replacing the power supply / AC adaptor
- Replacing the printheads
I now have a working printer, which does not "go to sleep".
Another "trick" I discovered after replacement rinter number 1, was to simply open-and-close the ink cartridge door if it went to "sleep". This was faster than rebooting at the on/off switch.
Still not 100% believing the cause of the problems is known to HP, but they must have spent at least GBP 200/ USD 300 on shipping all this bits back and forth to me!
Althought he various "tricks" seem to wake it up, the printer is still not fit for purpose or performing to it's advertised/reasonable quality, if you need to do this.
Keep on at HP to replace the unit completely.