hp990 deskjet 990cxi (460 Views)
Honor Student
roymin
Message 1 of 3 (460 Views)

hp990 deskjet 990cxi

Hi all, my first  post, I'm trying to remove the ink cleaning container from my printer ( the two gear spindle has come adrift ), I've released the cable connections and a couple of clips but I'm not sure what the next move is,  the container cover has been unscrewed but cannot be moved enough to access the spindle, can someone offer any help please. thanks,  Roy

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (444 Views)

Re: hp990 deskjet 990cxi

There are two TORX screws at the top of the case in the rear that need to be removed.  Open the lid to access these screws.  Next remove the duplexer or panel from the back as well as any cables (power, USB).  Next pry up the control panel with a dull knife such as a butter knife.  Gently feed the controll panel back into the resulting hole.  There are plastic clips in the front of the case, one on each side.  Release the clips and then you should be able to free the top case.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
roymin
Message 3 of 3 (430 Views)

Re: hp990 deskjet 990cxi

Bob, thanks for replying, at the moment I have the printer cover off and also the cover off of the cleaner box, I have removed the spindle with the sprockets each end that sits across the middle of the box. I  need to remove the box to access the tray that the sprockets operate. I have removed all  electric connections. Does the plastic end of the printer come away from the base?? that might enable me to remove the box. thanks for your help. Roy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation