04-26-2012 10:37 AM
The printer will acknowledge my SD card once inserted and let me print at that time, but it will not upload photos to my computer so I can edit or e-mail them.
04-27-2012 12:22 PM
could you provide the community with a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? Things like your printer model and your operating system help out a lot.
05-02-2012 02:45 PM
The OJ 8600 does not have any built in features for transferring photos to a computer. This is because the memory card slots were intended for printing from the front panel of the printer. There is however a way to transfer the photos to your computer using the computer. You will need to map the printer's memory card slots but unfortunately this will only work with a network (wireless or ethernet) connection.
1. Click Start
2. Click My Computer
3. On the My Computer window click Tools, Click Map Network Drive
4. In the Folder box type in "\\" and then the printer's IP address. To find the printer's IP address just touch the wireless icon on the printer control panel.
5. Click Browse, Click the arrow next to the printer's IP address on the list and then click on the folder "memory_card".
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete.
From here you it should create a folder in My Computer to have access to the memory card on your printer.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
06-30-2012 10:38 AM
Can you give me directions to do this on a Mac computer?
I want to be able to transfer photos from an SD card to the computer--preferably to iPhoto.
07-02-2012 10:02 AM
Hi there midwestladyblue,
This article in OSXDAILY has some steps to achieve this:
- From the Finder, hit Command+K
- Enter the path to the network drive you want to map, ie: smb://networkcomputer/networkshare and click ‘Connect’
- Enter your login credentials and click “OK”
- The drive is now mounted, but continue on to map for system reboot persistence
- Now enter into System Preferences, from the Apple menu
- Click on ‘Accounts’
- Click on “Login Items”
- Click on the + button to add another login item
- Locate the network drive you previously mounted and click “Add”
- Exit out of System Preferences"
Give them a shot and let us know if it helps.
Best of Luck!
07-02-2012 12:56 PM
When I try to add the login item, the "add" is grayed out and I cannot add it.
Any other ideas?
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper