Question

Honor Student
JDA1965
Message 1 of 3 (5,304 Views)
Accepted Solution

i have the hp photosmart c4780 that won't print from the computer

I have a HP Photosmart C4780 that will scan documents, pictures and will copy just fine, however when I want to print something from my computer it will not print it. It will send scanned things to the appropriate file fine as well. I ran the diagnostics, reloaded the start-up disc, and it says it's just fine. My operating system is Windows Vista.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (5,281 Views)

Re: i have the hp photosmart c4780 that won't print from the computer

How is the printer connected?  What happens when you send print jobs to the printer - do they stay in the print queue or just disappear?  Are there any error messages? 

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
JDA1965
Message 3 of 3 (5,275 Views)

Re: i have the hp photosmart c4780 that won't print from the computer

Thanks Bob for your reply, I basically ended up removing all the programming for this printer and starting from square one with the disc. I think the problems may have come when we added a actual photo printer onto the computer. Again thank you for your help and I will keep this forum on if I ever have problems again...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation