Question

Student
boogierock2
Message 1 of 4 (400 Views)

ink cartridges for 7850 photosmart

I am using a 95 tricolor and 99 photo print cartridge.  Have used these before, but now printer says "Incorrect print cartridge(s).  The following print cartridges are not intended for use in this printer: Cartridge on right tri-color.  Refer to printer documentation."

The cartridge on the left is the 95 tricolor, yet message says tri color is on the right.

What is the problem with using these cartridges on the 7850 photosmart?  They are sold together as a combo pack.

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 2 of 4 (396 Views)

Re: ink cartridges for 7850 photosmart

HI,

Here is what I found on the 7850 product support page.  There are a few troubleshoot steps to try:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00417619&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=454861

see if one of these steps helps with your issue.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 4 (391 Views)

The 99 cartridge is a tri-color cartridge (light cyan, light magenta and photo black).  I would suggest removing the 99 cartridge and cleaning the cartridge contacts and then reinstalling it.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
JoseEspinoza
Message 4 of 4 (253 Views)

I have the same problem with a HP Officejet 6310xi all-in-one?

It says the same :

"Incorrect print cartridge(s).  The following print cartridges are not intended for use in this printer: Cartridge on right tri-color.  Refer to printer documentation."

Could  it be the cartridge, or could it be the head that is broken already, and should I get a new printer?

I have tried everything, followed the steps suggested for the 7850 photosmart, but it"s still not working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation