Question

Tutor
Laurie3cats
Message 1 of 21 (23,773 Views)

ink system failure Oxc19a0035

Photosmart c6380 keeps showing error message: Ink System Failure Oxc19a0035 Please turn printer Off and then On.

I have done all of the troubleshooting steps: unplug USB, remove cartridges, pull power, wait, reconnect power, reinsert cartridges, reconnect USB. I removed the printhead and cleaned it and the contacts inside the printer.  Eventually installed a new printhead.  The error message keeps coming up.  The printer does work if I turn it off and back on, for a short time.  Then the message is back.  Every day, sometimes more than once a day.  Getting annoying to have to turn it off and on EVERY TIME I have something to print. 

Is there a way to reset by pressing a sequence of buttons?  I find instructions for a key sequence to use on fax capable machines, but this one does not have number pads.

Teacher
kevin_techno
Message 2 of 21 (23,762 Views)

Re: ink system failure Oxc19a0035

Hi

Please do this and let me know

Unplug the printer, then pressing the help and ok buttons simultaneously plug it back in.

Let me know.

Teacher
k_sudarshan
Message 3 of 21 (23,749 Views)

Please click on the below web link and follow the steps to resolve the issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01458034&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3560280

If the issue persists :

Follow the steps below to power cycle your all-in-one:1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect the USB/Ethernet cable from the All-in-One and also disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.2. Wait 30 seconds.3. Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet.

If the issue persists:

Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:

1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold Print Photos and Red Eye Removal while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One.

OR

1. Press and Hold the “Print Photos” & “Red Eye Removal” buttons.  Release both buttons. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”

2. Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal” 

3. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)

4. Press and release the “OK” button.

5. Display should say “Support”. Use the Right arrow Key to look for "Reset Menu".

6. Press and release the “OK” button.

7. Press the right arrow key to look for "Partial Reset", press 'OK'

8. The printer will go off and will power on by itself, else wait for 20 seconds and power on the printer to complete reset

Note:
A semi-full reset will do the following:
The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some models, Fax logs, Fax headers, Fax speed dial information.

If the issue still persists, remove the cartridges from the printer and check for the expiry dates of the printer.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Tutor
Laurie3cats
Message 4 of 21 (23,740 Views)

[ Edited ]

kevin_techno, that would require three hands.  Those buttons are very far apart.

Tutor
Laurie3cats
Message 5 of 21 (23,714 Views)

k sudarshan,  I tried your suggestions, sadly it didn't solve the problem.  Wish someone could tell me what the error code means...

Teacher
k_sudarshan
Message 6 of 21 (23,667 Views)

The issue might be with print head expiry dates as well, the warranty is only for 2 years.If the issue still persists replace the printheads and make sure you use hp genuine cartridges for your printer.

Tutor
Laurie3cats
Message 7 of 21 (23,653 Views)

k-sudarshan,

I have already replaced the printhead with a new one and ink cartridges are much less than 2 years old, two of them are new.  Have always used genuine hp parts.  Another person suggested that the error message means a voltage issue, for which there is no cure. :smileymad:

Thanks for offering suggestions, but I fear the situation is hopeless.

Teacher
k_sudarshan
Message 8 of 21 (23,651 Views)

I am sorry then it is a hardware issue with printer. please replace the printer if still under warranty.

Student
tayalee
Message 9 of 21 (23,549 Views)

Thank you this seems to have worked.  After the restart I also cleaned the printhead and did the alignment. 

Student
tigger-8
Message 10 of 21 (22,867 Views)

Your instructions to fix my ink system failure   Oxc19a0035 were very precise and exact---and---it worked.  My printer now is back alive once again.Your instructions did take the printer back to factory settings so I had to reinstall the operating system disk. Found out that my cd was for Vista and I've since changed to Windows 7.  Another glitch, but quickly ordered a windows 7 operating system cd at a nominal cost and installed the new cd.  My printer is back to like new status. I'm a very happy camper.  Thank you for your expertise. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation