Question

Student
mara2014
Message 1 of 10 (358 Views)

install hp 4500 g510 on windows 8.1

Hi,

I have tryied everything for installing hp 4500 g510 and nothing works, it says fatal error once starts confuguring the product everytime I try to install after unistalling completelly, last time it failed the installation hp downloded a set of solutions including opening the msconfig dialog and on selective start up unchecking "load startup items" and the computer doesnt even alowed me to do that because it has by default the use original boot configuration so once I restar it comes back as normal start up, I dont know what else to do, I also made sure I downloaded the right installer for windows 8.1 and have made all upgrades on the computer, the computer doctor doesnt work either because it says please download the full version and I have downloaded the full package installer, please help me!!

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 2 of 10 (326 Views)

Re: install hp 4500 g510 on windows 8.1

[ Edited ]

Hi mara2014,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post on a fatal error message appearing during installation, and I would be happy to assist you!

Since you have already uninstalled and reinstalled the software on your computer, I recommend performing a Level 3 Uninstall. This will cleanly remove any lingering software that may not have been removed during any of the uninstallation.

To perform a Level 3 Uninstall, please proceed with the following:

1. Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type %temp%
  2. Delete all files and folders from the temp folder. Choose skip if any pop ups appear saying any of the files could not be deleted
  3. Follow the link providedand select the bit version of Windows 8.1 you are using. Once you have this selected, download the full feature software.
  4. After the software downloads and extracts, open the temp folder again, use the instructions from step 1
  5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
  6. Open folder Util
  7. Open folder CCC
  8. If you have anHP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have anon-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
  9. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
  10. . Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.

• Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
    • In theOpenbox, type msiexec /unreg, and then clickOK.
    • Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
    • In theOpen box, type msiexec /regserver, and then clickOK

If you have any difficulty with this step, please use this link to perform it another way. Restarting Windows Installer
  11. . Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tool < How to Delete files using Disk Cleanup
  12. . Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
  13. . Restart the computer
  14. . Download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

The HP Printer Install Wizard for Window was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer. If you have Windows Vista or XP you will need to open the download from step 3, let it extract again, and begin the install.

If you experience an issue installing at this point, please post back with any applicable screenshots. How to take and post a screenshot on HP Support Forum.

Please also post back with your operating system, and whether you have an HP computer or computer from another manufacturer. Step 8 from above, specifies to only run the L4uninstall.exe if you do not have an HP computer. It would help me to know which uninstall you used and what brand of computer you have.

Most install errors are stored in the Windows Event Viewer, identifying the error ensures that you get the best troubleshooting steps for your error. Follow the instructions below to find the error code.

1. From the Start screen, type Event Viewer
  2. In the Event Viewer frame (on the left), click Windows logs
  3. Under Windows logs, click Application. The Event Viewer results display in the middle pane
  4. In the middle frame in the Source column, find the most recent Error entry from HP Tip: You can click the Source column to sort in alphabetical order to make it easier find the most recent entry from HP. You can also click Date (or any of the other columns) to sort
  5. Click the Error entry. The error details display in the General tab
  6. In the General tab, look for a numbered code. This is the specific error message that you need to troubleshoot

Once you have attempted to reinstall the software and it fails to configure, please follow this document on how to resolve a 'Fatal Error' Message Displays on the Computer at 96% of the HP Software Installation. If you are still experiencing the same error message after completing the listed steps, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
mara20014
Message 3 of 10 (296 Views)

Hi,

I followed these steps and still couldnt get it intalled here is the error I am getting

error 1.PNG

error 2.PNG

I will appreciate your help thank you

Top Student
mara20014
Message 4 of 10 (293 Views)

error error 1.PNG

error 2.PNG

Top Student
mara20014
Message 5 of 10 (292 Views)

still says fatal error :smileysad:
HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 6 of 10 (282 Views)

Hi mara20014,

Please have a look at this document for Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1. If using this tool does not resolve the fatal error message, please contact your original equipment manufacturer (or OEM). This would be either the company that sold you the computer with the software installed, or if you build the computer yourself, then Microsoft.

Thank you again for posting!

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Top Student
mara20014
Message 7 of 10 (277 Views)

Thanks for your response, I am using windows 8 and it upgreded itself to windows 8.1, this is a refurbished HP computer that came with windows 8, the link that you sent me is for windows 7 :smileysad:

Top Student
mara20014
Message 8 of 10 (276 Views)

do you think I should restart the computer to its original configuration?
Top Student
mara20014
Message 9 of 10 (266 Views)

I finally made it :smileyhappy:, I restored the pc to its original configuration and then reinstalled the printer and finally it worked, thanks for all your help

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 10 of 10 (265 Views)

Hi mara20014,

Instead of restarting the computer to its original configuration, you can backup and recover your system for Windows 8. To do this, please follow the link to proceed with the steps in recovery. If this does not work, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation