Question

Student
klamp
Message 1 of 8 (6,292 Views)

invitations

I have tried, to no avail to find the answers, but can't. I sure hope someone on here can help.

I am trying to print my wedding invitations. They are 5.5 x 8.5, from Wilton. Every time I put the test paper in, it tells me the paper is too small and spits it out. I have gone in and put in the size, but it doesn't help. Any suggestions?

PLEASE HELP!!!! :smileysad:

Thanks,

Kim

Intern
Terri
Message 2 of 8 (6,275 Views)

Re: invitations

Not sure if this will fix or not but try reversing the size to 8.5 x 5.5.

Good Luck to you hope it works.

Student
Lisette
Message 3 of 8 (6,193 Views)

Hi Kim - sorry to no be of any support other than: THIS PROBLEM IS DRIVING ME NUTS TOO !!!!

Right now I am trying to print a costimized paper size 210x210 mm.

I have made all the correct settings - also in respect of paper type and size, but the printer just spits it out with the same reply as you have received. From the exact same file, with the exact same settings, I can print the document on ordinary printing paper ....... I really really dont get this, and its getting more and more frustrating to waste so much time on this thing.....

Do let me know, please, if you managed to solve the problem.

Rgds, Lisette

Student
Lindafrances
Message 4 of 8 (5,576 Views)

Did you get this (below) problems solved? I have set up the invites in word, and print preview shows it as I want 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, but when I go to print, it prints as if I changed nothing. I put the paper to the right-but it prints in the center. Do I need to do something to the tray? Thanks.

Previous question & answer:

I have been trying to print invitations.  The size of the card invitations is 51/2 x 81/2.  The printer will not print. It says cannot print cancel print request.  My printer is a HP Photosmart C5580 All-In-One.  How do I set up my printer to print on this size card?
Kudos!
05-18-2009 12:32 PM

Have you set the paper size in the driver?  Go to the Features tab, select a custom paper size, change the name to something like Invitation, set the paper size to 5.5 x 8.5, select Borderless, Save, OK.

Student
dorrettab
Message 5 of 8 (5,092 Views)

I have an HP Inkjet 7410 All-In-One printer. I love this printer. Great quality and for the most part, it does what I need.  HOWEVER...

I have a Windows 7, 64-bit operating system (same problem on my 32-bit XP Pro machine).  But, I am SO frustrated by the fact that I cannot get it to print borderless to an invitation size piece of paper/cardstock.  I make my own greeting cards and use cardstock.  I created a custom paper size "8.5 x 5.5.  I primarily use Photoshop Elements (formerly 6, now 9), but cannot get the 'borderless' feature to work, in any other software, including MS Office 2007 products, including Publisher-- landscape, portrait, it doesn't matter. It cuts off the top and left side, while not printing all the way to the border on the right and bottom. Or it just adds a border all the way around.  Selecting "center image" or "fit to page" doesn't work either. No borderless.

Is there ANY WAY to print to an invitation size piece of paper/cardstock using this printer?  I frequently have only a half sheet that I need to print to and borderless is important for my backgrounds.  Scrapbooking and card-making has taken on a tremendous following and this problem never seems to have a solution. HELP!

Honor Student
savhana23
Message 6 of 8 (4,436 Views)

hi what setting did you end up putting your printer on please let me know

HPG Student
Student
HPG
Message 7 of 8 (4,034 Views)

Re: invitations/printing cardstock

HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-One

I have gone into the printing features tab and saved the 4.25" x 6.25" custom size of the cardstock I am using and that the feed is coming from the photo tray but every time I try to print I just get a message that the paper tray is empty. I can print on regular paper and have tried further selecting different paper types but to no avail.

Help! This is going to drive me crazy!

Student
Amykota86
Message 8 of 8 (2,218 Views)

I am having a terrible time on my direction cards and accommodate cards. It has been a nightmare to print them out kn our windows 8, and hp photo smart printer. Even hp couldn't tell us how to set up custom printing. Does anyone know?

our cards are approximately 5x11.5 and 5 x 10.5 approximately

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation