05-28-2009 10:52 AM
01-20-2010 08:36 AM
I found this online-
Some of the older firmware versions did not have the "New Maintenance Kit" option mentioned in the above procedure. In this case you can either update the printer's firmware to ad this feature or manually reset the maintenance count in the service menu as described below.
Enter the Service Menu -- Press the MENU button, and scroll through the list of menus until you see "SERVICE". Press OK.
Before you can enter the Service Menu, you will see a blank line on the screen where you are supposed to enter an access code:
On a LaserJet P4014, the access code is 05401408
On a LaserJet P4015, the access code is 05401508
On a LaserJet P4515, the access code is 05451508
Enter the code and press OK.
You will now be allowed into the Service Menu. Scroll through the list of options until you see, "Maintenance Count." Press OK.
Change the current maintenance count to "0" by pressing the number "0", and then pressing OK.
To confirm this, you can print an Information page.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper