minimum margins (185 Views)
Honor Student
chandra_acklin
Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)

minimum margins

Hello everyone I really need your help. I was trying to print borderless with out printing a photo. I was designing invitations, so I went to set minimum margins now my printer want to print outside the margin at the top how can I fix this. please help me. thanks Chandra

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (162 Views)

Re: minimum margins

What printer model? What operating system? Generally most printers capable of borderless printing restrict this to special media.  (Printing to the edge of plain paper may cause the paper to cockle.  Photo or other special media is typically thicker and less likely to cockle.)

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
chandra_acklin
Message 3 of 4 (158 Views)

j4540 operating system is window xp.

Honor Student
chandra_acklin
Message 4 of 4 (148 Views)

someone please help, this what happen i have a jp j4540 all-in-one printer. i have a operating system of xp. i was trying to print boardless so i went into printing preference and click on minimum margins and i turn it on. at the time i did not read the message that came up and it said i might have problems printing. i did not know that it was going to stay this way. i thought i could go back to printing the regular way. also i am trying to print on 4.25 x 5.5 paper size but everything keep printing way over the top margin and leaving a huge space on the bottom. i have tried everything. someone please help me fix this problem or is it going to stay this way

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation