Question

Honor Student
dymond723
Message 1 of 3 (252 Views)

my 5600 keeps defaulting to the fax first instead of the printer only how can i change that ?

my 5600    keeps defaulting to the fax first instead of the printer only how can i change that ? 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (227 Views)

Re: my 5600 keeps defaulting to the fax first instead of the printer only how can i change that ?

[ Edited ]

What operating system?

In general you would go to the Printers (or Devices and Printers or Printers and Faxes) folder, right click on the 5600 and select Set as Default.  Depending on your operating system you may need to do this as an administrative user.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
dymond723
Message 3 of 3 (222 Views)

Re: my 5600 keeps defaulting to the fax first instead of the printer only how can i change that ?

I  checked that it is set as default but trying to print some coupons and goes to the fax and you cant change to printer like you can  when you just plrint like a pdf file ,,,,,,, it doesnt give you a choice to change it ? please help I am running windows xp

first time i had a problem going to the fax first ??

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation