my new hp photosmart printer 7510 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper tray (10609 Views)
Student
angiem5253
Message 1 of 13 (10,609 Views)

my new hp photosmart printer 7510 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper tray

When I set the printer up , it printed a beautifl photo, now when I try to print a picture, I add in the print box 4x6 and photo paper, but it always prints on regular paper. how do I get it to print on the photo paper? I am using winows 7 and it is wireless

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 13 (10,585 Views)

Re: my new hp photosmart printer 7510 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper t

Lets try manually setting to the photo tray:

- Click the Start orb -> Click Devices/Printers

- Find and right click your printer -> Click Printer preferences

- Select the Paper/Quality Tab -> in the "select paper source" choose the photo tray

- Set the paper size (the next option down) accordingly

Let us know if it helps or not.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
Sebby
Message 3 of 13 (10,497 Views)

Re: my new hp photosmart printer 7510 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper t

I also have this problem which appeared after a recent auto update from HP .  This is my second photosmart from HP (C7200), after the trouble getting the first one to work (major driver issues with Vista and wireless incompatablility) reliably you would think I would have learnt my lesson, but no I bought another HP. 

What a disappointment.  Printer ink consumption is excessive, JPGs embedded in documents are printed in zebra stripes of various colours, nothing like the originals, text is fuzzy, its wireless driver system is not recognised by most portable wireless devices I use. 

Now with update software that makes the printer even more useless I shall contact HP customer services to return this printer as 'not of merchantable quality' in that it masqerades as a photosmart printer when quite clearly it cannot print photos, nor is it smart as the user needs to tinker constantly with default settings simply to get the thing to work properly.

In short, this printer is rubbish!

Student
DB_SC
Message 4 of 13 (9,878 Views)

I had the same problem, although I have Vista.  I did check Options/printer properties/paper quality was set to Photo tray( this is in the Print Pictures menu in windows photo gallery) , but it already was.  (I did see on this screen the ability to print borderless, which is now missing from the paper size choices. I clicked on Advanced and the option is there to print borderless.) I still had the problem.  I then saved the photo to my computer, and printed it from there, instead of printing it straight from the email/download, and the photo tray worked fine.  I double click on the photo to start windows photo gallery, choose print, and choose 4x6 and the paper type that I have.  hope this helps.

Student
gigit
Message 5 of 13 (9,735 Views)

i have USB connection

Honor Student
Mark_77
Message 6 of 13 (9,482 Views)

that worked, thanks.
Honor Student
unclegus24
Message 7 of 13 (7,063 Views)

Te: my new hp photosmart printer 7510 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper t

-JohnB- wrote:

Lets try manually setting to the photo tray:

- Click the Start orb -> Click Devices/Printers

- Find and right click your printer -> Click Printer preferences

- Select the Paper/Quality Tab -> in the "select paper source" choose the photo tray

- Set the paper size (the next option down) accordingly

Let us know if it helps or not.

Best of Luck!

Thanks; Did all that, but Layout will not give me a selection for 7510. Set everything that you mentioned. Have had no problems in last 2 months.

Student
rfitz913
Message 8 of 13 (6,629 Views)

Re: Te: my new hp photosmart printer 7510 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular pap

I followed the instructions from John B and I still cannot get it to print on photo paper. I also saved the photo to My Pictures and attempted to print  photo on Windows Live Photo Gallery and it will not work. Any other suggestions?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 9 of 13 (6,008 Views)

Re: my new hp photosmart printer 7510 will not print to photo paper always prints on regular paper tray

What OS are you using?

How are you connected to the printer?

Do you get any error messages?  If so, what are they?

Are you having problems printing from anywhere else, or printing any other type of file?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Kimmysquimmy
Message 10 of 13 (5,804 Views)

I'm trying to print a 10/15cm (6/4) photo onto photo paper (in my photo paper tray) on my HP Photosmart 7510. It says "Printing - connected to printer" the the blue progress line begins but then it stops and says "load paper into main tray". I'm using wireless printing from a MAC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation