09-21-2011 12:11 PM
I have a HP Premium Photosmart Prem-Web C309n-s printer that prints pictures but won't print the text. I try to print music lyrics for instance but none of the text wil print. What is going on and how do I fix it? My operating system is Windows 7.
09-21-2011 12:15 PM
Hi - It sounds like it could be an ink related issue. Try following the steps in this document. Specifically, I'd start with looking at the ink levels. It may just be that you're out of black ink.
Hope that helps.
I am an HP employee.
09-21-2011 02:46 PM
Thanks but I figured it out. And it wasn't the ink because it was full(I make sure that the cartridges are not empty). I had to clean the printhead apparently. It worked fine after that.
01-12-2015 01:05 PM
Cleaning the printheads also helped my problem. Suddenly my printer was only printing the Logo (in color), the tables in grayscale, and no text at all. Ink levels were high. I went into settings and told it to cleaned the printheads and the problem was solved. Printer is an HP PhotoSmart eStation. Thanks.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper