Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Premium Photosmart  Prem-Web C309n-s printer that prints pictures but won't print the text. I try to print music lyrics for instance but none of the text wil print. What is going on and how do I fix it? My operating system is Windows 7.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi - It sounds like it could be an ink related issue.  Try following the steps in this document.  Specifically, I'd start with looking at the ink levels.  It may just be that you're out of black ink.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks but I figured it out. And it wasn't the ink because it was full(I make sure that the cartridges are not empty). I had to clean the printhead apparently. It worked fine after that.

HP Recommended

Cleaning the printheads also helped my problem. Suddenly my printer was only printing the Logo (in color), the tables in grayscale, and no text at all. Ink levels were high. I went into settings and told it to cleaned the printheads and the problem was solved. Printer is an HP PhotoSmart eStation. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Print test printed perfect, banners are printing BUT no text . Bought new heads and changed no change, NO TEXT. Whats up?

@MsSarah25 wrote:

I have a HP Premium Photosmart  Prem-Web C309n-s printer that prints pictures but won't print the text. I try to print music lyrics for instance but none of the text wil print. What is going on and how do I fix it? My operating system is Windows 7.

i have wasted $40 and 3hrs trying work with or around this problem. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.