my wireless printer shows offline printing...how do i get it online? (39777 Views)
Student
cat-m
Message 1 of 12 (39,777 Views)

my wireless printer shows offline printing...how do i get it online?

I have been using my laptop and wireless printer for quite awhile.  All of a sudden I can't print, it keeps showing printer offline.  I can't figure out how to get it online.  Any help?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 12 (39,771 Views)

Re: my wireless printer shows offline printing...how do i get it online?

Please read this post  then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? 

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
CaptBob
Message 3 of 12 (38,425 Views)

Previous suggested tool (http://www.hp.com/go/tools) showed everything was ok (checked) but my printer still showed offline.  I finally found below web site, although not specific to my HP P2015dn, step 8 (Stop then Start print Queue) resolved the problem.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02221706&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=1119598&tmp...

My symptom: both HP printers suddenly stopped working from my DESKTOP & showed as either OFFLINE or error message.  Both printers cable connected to Linksys router.  However, throughout problem, my LAPTOP could print successfully to both printers.

Student
mikephoenix
Message 4 of 12 (37,685 Views)

My HP OJ Pro 8500 A910 sometimes shows off-line and won't let me print.  How do I fix this?  I have a work PC, and sometimes am on a VPN, and sometimes not.  It has worked for in both modes in the past, but wouldn't last night. 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 12 (31,720 Views)

My HP laptop indicates my wireless printer is offline. HP 410 series Printer shows online

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 12 (28,327 Views)

Student
sugandha
Message 7 of 12 (26,983 Views)

I have been using my laptop and wireless printer for few years. All of a sudden it shows printer offline and I can't print. I tried resetting, didn't work. Help!

Student
Tanner8
Message 8 of 12 (24,383 Views)

I can't keep my wireless printer online.  Could you please tell me how to get my printer online when it goes offline.  Thank you.

Honor Student
ostrogoth
Message 9 of 12 (5,174 Views)

hp 400 mfpdn as above
Honor Student
ostrogoth
Message 10 of 12 (5,173 Views)

hiw do i het it online?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation